The Muppet Show DVD

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Odd question to you all. Not that it matters much to me overall, but rather can anyone identify with the question at hand? Here goes:

On the DVD of The Muppet Movie, during the whole "Movin' Right Along" bit - including the interstitials between verses (the Big Bird one, and a few others), did anyone notice that the pacing of the edit is off? Just during these scenes, it appears as if the editing room got a little quick with the playback, and jumped the footage back a few frames in relation to the audio stream in the film. This doesn't make me dislike watching it, but it does however bug me so. Can anyone else clarify this, or am I just going crazy? Thanks a lot! With a puppetry movie (erm..."Muppetry" movie) the editing room can have a drastic effect on the end product moreso because of the song-sync. Hellllp!

>Adam

WiGgY

Reaction score
I haven't noticed this. Is it possible your DVD is skipping?

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Well, to tell you the truth, it isn't skipping, no. It's smooth as smooth can be in transmission (tested it enough times to know). It's just that song that's that way...and even stranger and a more compelling reason it's in the edit is that it happens at various points. the playback is smooth, even the scenes in question. Watch it again, and watch the actual puppetry and only listen to the audio (meaning: listen passively - Gosh! I sound like Cantus or something...hehe). It actually took me a fair time to notice, but it is as clear as day that it's off once you do notice it (on my end, anyway). Hmm...thanks for responding tho Wiggy!

>Adam