The Muppet Show Ride

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I have an opinion. And it it that Disney World needs more Muppet attractions than just Muppet*Vision 3D. What I have in mind is a less intense (and whole lot funnier) variation on the ride style of the 'Indiana Jones Adventure' ride. So without further ado, or adon't:​

Zeppo and Friends Presents​

Muppet Labs Presents: The Muppet Show Ride!​

You start out in the, hopefully, fan-packed queue that is designed in the style of the Muppet Labs set from the show. Odd machines sit haphazardly placed all over the place, occasionally letting off sparks, small plumes of smoke or making strange and funny noises.​

You board the ride vehicle and are sent forward through a set of metal doors into a small room with a large screen seated right in front of you. A hole opens in the floor on your left and up comes Doctor Bunsen Honeydew, looking over a clipboard and facing the wrong way. He mutters something that sounds like 'get it right this time' before noticing that you're there. He suddenly turns around and begins to speak:​

"Oh! Hello, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew here at Muppet Labs where the future is being made today. We are so glad to have you with us here today to test the new and improved Muppet Labs Virtual Roller Coaster. Now, normally I would leave something like this to my assistant, Beaker, but he had a little accident testing my last invention The Muppet Labs Bread Detecting Toaster."​

A door opens behind Dr. Honeydew and Beaker rolls out in a wheelchair and sporting a hip and trendy full body cast. We hear his muffled meeping as he tries to warn us not to partake in the experiment. Dr. Honeydew speaks again:​

"There, there, Beaker. I can assure you that these brave folks will be perfectly safe. I've worked out all the bugs since last time."​

Suddenly a monstrous Muppet bug appears on the screen.​

"Well, almost all of them."​

A lever rises out of the floor next to Dr. Honeydew. He pulls it a a giant flyswatter appears on the screen and swats the bug into submission.​

"Now that that's out of the way, it's time to begin."​

Bunsen pulls the lever again and red lights start flashing, a siren begins to wail and the screen is lit up with a message:​

MALFUNCTION!
Panic!
Now!​

Everything goes black except for the screen, through the darkness you hear Dr. Honeydew:​

"Oh, dear! Don't worry! Everything's fine! Just stay seated and I'll have it fixed in a jiffy."​

There comes the sound of breaking glass as the screen suddenly splits apart! You begin to move forward into complete darkness at a crawl.​

You hear chuckling and a spotlight ignites revealing Statler and Waldorf in the balcony a little ways off in the distance. The heckle and laugh at you for agreeing to take part in the experiment. You begin to speed up, and just when you think that you're going to go under them you make a left turn and are catapulted into the world of 'The Muppet Show'!​

You find yourself barreling through the crowd of panicked theater goers toward the stage and the world famous sign which rises just in the nick of time.​

The first thing you see is Kermit at his desk, looking over tonight's show schedule. You rocket past him and find Gonzo loaded into a cannon AND THE FUSE IS LIT! The cannon goes off sending Gonzo flying over your head and through a brick wall.​

You suddenly speed off to the right and find yourself on a city street being pursued by a wailing cop car being driven by Fozzie as 'Bear on Patrol'. But he's not after you he's after a monkey in a convertible who has been throwing his banana peels everywhere. Fozzie runs over one and spins out into a building (don't worry, he's okay).​

Another right turn and you enter The Swedish Chef's kitchen. It has been overrun with rats and he's going after them with a shotgun! Bullets whiz past your head as you ride past!​

A left turn places you in the middle of a musical number. The Electric Mayhem rock out a tune.​

Next you slow down and are suddenly in 'Veterinarian's Hospital' Doctor Bob, Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice make a few wise-quacks about their patient: Donald Duck.​

You speed back up and enter another musical number. A group of pigs decide to re-enact the Pirates of the Caribbean and sing "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)."​

All these pigs give way to more pigs as you hear the announcer proclaim:​

"And now it's time for PIGS IN SPACE!"​

You board the Swinetrek where Link and Dr. Strangepork mistake you for hostile alien beings. As you exit the ship you find yourself back in complete darkness. You hear Dr. Honeydew speak again:​

"Hello? Can you hear me? I'm now going to attempt to bring you back to reality."​

There is a loud clunk followed by crackling electricity.​

"That's not it."​

The sirens go off again and out of the darkness comes the monster bug from the beginning AND IT HAS THE FLYSWATTER! The bug takes a couple of swings at you and misses. You move forward again and find yourself back at the screen only this time you're on the other side. The screen breaks open again and you are safe and sound back in the room where you started. Bunsen is draped in yards of sparking wires.​

"I'm glad that you all made it back. I promise I'll have all of the bugs out of it by the time the next group arrives."​

You go back out through the doors and into the unloading area.​

Any thoughts/suggestions/criticisms/additions/heckles?​

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
What an awesome idea, very well thought out on the details. :excited:

A suggestion I would make, is to make it a regular slow ride, rather than a roller coaster, that way the riders can savor all of the visual concepts.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
What I had in mind was not a roller coaster per-sey. It was a ride that would go slow enough that you could see and hear everything, but fast enough that it keeps up with the manic atmosphere of the Muppets. :crazy:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
What I had in mind wasn't exactly a roller coaster. It's a ride that goes slow enough that you can see and hear everything, but fast enough that it keeps up with the manic atmosphere of the Muppets. :crazy:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Sounds on par with alot of the Disney rides (that's a good thing though), I think it sounds fun! It would totally fit right in!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
That's pretty great! No objections here.

Actually, I can picture this as a sort of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride type of ride. I think that suits the Muppets.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
A few changes

At the risk of screwing up my own idea, I came up with a few things I could change to make it better and add a few important characters that I left out.

1. Scooter is now standing at the desk with Kermit, discussing the next act. :wink: (Gotta have Scooter!)

2. Move the Electric Mayhem number to after Gonzo's stunt and and before 'Bear on Patrol.'

3. Make the Bug in the System a recurring motif, having it and the flyswatter appear somewhere in each scene.

4. Changing the pig pirates into monster pirates.

5. Giving the pigs a different musical number after the scene in The Swedish Chef's kitchen.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Good but where was the theme song? Also my suggestion for the pig song is "There's no buisness like showbuisness". I don't think I got anything else but to extend the ride I could probably think of other bits too. I know we could have a manic piano-playing rowlf in it too and Marvin Suggs.:smile: