The Muppet Show with Bill Cosby

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was short, but it was good. I always enjoy when Bill Cosby works with the Muppets. Nice to see Mrs. Appleby again.

unclematt

Reaction score
Didnt the Muppets guest on The Cosby Show once?

P

Princeton

Fragglemuppet, I actually have several more planned but have been unable to submit them. I suppose I could expand once I get "inspired".

unclematt, the Muppets appeared in a Cosby Show episode called "Cliff's Nightmare". There are several existing threads on said episode, so feel free to check them out!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Pretty good.
Only thing I'd suggest if you plan to expand it out in more detail is if you want to include a Fozzie monologue Bill would be perfect to join him as a partner since he is a comedian himself. Maybe Bill so enjoyed singing the opening number with Fozzie that he wanted to share a monologue with him.
And Fozzie was known to sometimes work with the guests on the real show.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
My Favorite Part

Mine was the muppet labs skit because it affected most of the show!:smile: :crazy:

AAO

Reaction score
Actually, Bill Cosby's worked with the Muppets before on "The Cosby Show" - I don't know if anyone's seen it. It featured many of the Muppets. Cliff ends up craving a sandwich, but isn't allowed to eat it on account of his health. He then ends up eating it secretly and has a wild dream where Leo is a drill Sergant, Raven (Can't remember her character name) is a tap dancer, and Clair is hanging out of a window! Just then a wacky monster doctor - agian looked like he was from "the Jim henson Hour" has Sweetums and Doglion (I think) take him to the hospital on account of him eating that sandwich! He then goes to the hospital where there are Muppet Monsters around from "The Jim Henson Hour". Rudy, Cliff's other daughter, is a nurse. Cliff is told to take a seat where one of the Muppet's from "The Jim Henson Hour" and I honestly don't know his name on account I never really knew him, but he was performed by Kevin Clash, had big yellow eyes that movied and was purple. More like a lizard or something. He cons Cliff into giving him money and so on. Just then, Sweetums and Doglion ( i think ) come in and take him to operate on! Cliff is then thrown onto a stage where a large group of Muppet's are in the audience. Chickens, a few of the Monsters from The Muppet Show, lobsters, and a few others...Just then, Gonzo appears to welcome everyone to the operatiing show! Just then a shot of Statler up in the balcony with Bill Cosby dressed as Waldorf heckling Gonzo. Gonzo gets ready to introduce a Koozbain to give birth live on stage. But, off stage, the Koozbanian breaks its chains and gets away. Then Sweetums brings out an operating table and forces Cliff onto the table. Another shot of Statler and Bill Cosby dressed as Waldorf heckling. Back on stage, Gonzo exits as he has Cliff to be the one having a live surgery! Cliff is strapped to the bed by Sweetums and a character from "The Jim Henson Hour" who had all the clocks on his clothes...Dave Goelz performed him, I can't remember his name either! He was a pasty white and kinda scary looking. Anyway, that character brings out a large saw and prepares to cut into Cliff!!! Just then, Cliff wakes up in his bed with Clair. He then leaps up in a cold sweat, but all is well. He then goes downstairs for something to eat and opens to find all of the food in the fridge talk - "Muppet Food" - he then vows not to eat anymore!

AAO

Reaction score
This episode was filmed in the 90's...I'm assuming around the time Jim died on account that any of Henson's characters never appeared. They even had Bill Cosby to dress as heckler Waldorf. Kermit would have been a great one to introduce the surgery show - Even the Swedish Chef would have been a great candidate for being the one to do the operation. Fozzie could've told surgery jokes as Cliff laid there in shock and confusion. Animal could've been apart of the show as well - Even Miss Piggy!! But again, I think after the episode ended, I looked at the Copyright information at the bottom of the screen and paused it on my tape and it said, Copyright 199_? So it's probably been around the time Jim got sick or maybe was too busy or maybe even had died before the taping of this certain episode. Also, the Cosby show was filmed at the studio Sesame Street is filmed at - Kauffman Studios for around 8-9 Seasons I think...The same place Sesame Street has been filmed for years...