The Muppet Show with Burl Ives

P

Princeton

Entrance

Pops: Eh, who are you?
Burl: I'm Burl Ives. I'm scheduled to do the show.
Pops: Yeah! Say, ain't you the feller who sang "Green Winged Skeeter"?
Burl: That's "Blue Tailed Fly", sir.
Pops: No need for "Sir", sonny. Name's Pops.
Voice: And I'm the Captain of the BTF's.
Burl and Pops: What're the BTF's?
Voice: You'll find out soon enough.

Opening Theme

Gonzo: BTF flies out of his trumpet.

Opening Number: "Ugly Bug Ball" sung by the Electric Mayhem.

Backstage: Kermit is panicked because an army of BTF's(Blue Tailed Flies) have taken over the theater.

Dressing Room: Robin thinks the opening number was neat but doesn't know what movie it was from. Burl explains that the movie's name was "Summer Magic". All of a sudden, BANG! Out of nowhere, Gonzo appears in a magician's outfit and then sings "Magic".

UK Skit: Electric Mayhem sing "Jack and Diane".

Song: Burl sings "Lavender Blue".

Muppet Labs: BTF Repellant, which accidentally gets sprayed in Beaker's face, which causes his head to explode.

Closing Number: Burl sings "Blue Tailed Fly" with backup by the BTF's(they turn out to be friendly!).

Closing Theme

P

Princeton

Feedback, anyone? This is one of my favorites; I thought Burl would be an ideal guest for TMS.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think that was really good. I'd could have been a little longer I suppose, but other than that I really liked it.

P

Princeton

I'm going to start reviving my "good" outlines; I'll revive one every month.
-Any fav parts?
-Imagine this one as being circa Tony Randall ep(please forgive the anachronism with the UK Skit; I just realized "Jack and Diane" didn't come out til '82)
-Think of the the BTF Captain as having a deep booming Jerry Nelson voice; much like when he says "You couldn't take the teeth too, I suppose?"(or something like that) during the "Toothache" sketch in the Alice Cooper ep.
-The scene where Gonzo becomes a magician was originally a running gag, but it's lucky to live on, even for just an instance.

Xerus

Reaction score
That was pretty good. I do like Burl Ives's singing. Especially as the Snowman in that Rudolph special. And seeing Gonzo as a magician was neat. Did he use the same costume when he was going to propose to Madeline Kahn?

P

Princeton

Xerus said:
And seeing Gonzo as a magician was neat. Did he use the same costume when he was going to propose to Madeline Kahn?
Yes, he did, Xerus. And as soon as I'm able, there will be a reference to that in my Ann Miller outline, so stay tuned!

P

Princeton

I'm actually thinking about writing scripts for a select few of my outlines; this will probably be my first one, so stay tuned!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Excellent Princeton. I loved Muppet Labs the best. When Beaker's head explodes does his body walk around bumping into things.

Heh Heh Beaker one of the walking dead:eek:

It would be a good idea to turn some of your outlines into scripts. I'd like to one day do it myself if I get enough skills and enough support from my outlining efforts