The Muppet Show with Dusty Springfield

P

Princeton

Opening Theme

Opening Number: Dusty sings "Son of a Preacher Man".

Backstage: Miss Piggy has no idea who Dusty is; she just figures that since her name is Dusty she must be a cleaning lady. Scooter and Kermit try to convince Piggy otherwise, but she runs up to her dressing room to get her laundry ready.

Song: Dusty sings "Wishing and Hoping", interrupted by Piggy.

Backstage: Dusty tries to explain to Piggy that she's not a cleaning lady, but Piggy's too busy throwing a tantrum.

UK Skit: Annie Sue sings "The Look of Love".

Skit: Penguins tap dance to the tune of "I'd Do Anything" from "Oliver!".

Backstage: Piggy apologizes to Dusty for the misunderstanding, but still needs someone to take her laundry away, so she chooses George the Janitor.

Melodrama: Wayne and Piggy are about to go for a walk, but it seems that Wayne has been seeing Janice on the side. When Piggy sees Janice they are about to get into a catfight, but just in time George walks onto the set and throws Piggy's laundry on her. Janice sees this as an opportunity to throw herself on Wayne.

Closing Number: Dusty sings "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me".

Closing Theme

P

Princeton

I'm very surprised that nobody has replied to this one yet. :frown: :eek: I think this one's my best yet.

P

Princeton

C'mon guys, I don't think it was that awful. Please comment somebody! :smirk:

ceecee

Reaction score
I like it! Especially the part where Miss Piggy thinks Dusty is a cleaning lady.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good premise, just pad it out with some more dialogue between characters.

P

Princeton

ceecee said:
I like it! Especially the part where Miss Piggy thinks Dusty is a cleaning lady.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty clever. :wink:

I've got 2 others that're in the works: Marvin Gaye and Carly Simon. But I could use a lot of help; my past outlines have left a lot to be desired. So to everybody that reads this: PM me with some ideas for the "in the works" outlines. Thanx!

P

Princeton

Time to revive another one!

-Any fav parts?
-Think of this one as around the time of the Elke Sommer ep.
-For the UK Skit, just envision the set as something from the Cleo Laine ep.
-For the Opening Number, think of the Opening Number from the Pearl Bailey ep.
-For "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me", think of the "Fever" number from the Rita Moreno ep.
-Finally, for "Wishing and Hoping", think of the set of the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" number in the Elton John ep.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was a bit confused as to the season of this one at first.
With no cold opening I thought at first it was season one and first season muppets Wayne and George were mentioned. But then again you mentioned Annie Sue. And you say picture it around Elke Sommer and Wayne and George were sort of season 2 muppets as well. So it is second season.

As for the outline itself I liked it on the whole. I can't think of any favourite parts. I just liked it all.

P

Princeton

Bill Bubble Guy said:
And you say picture it around Elke Sommer, so it is second season.
Elke Sommer was actually a 3rd season episode.