The Muppet Show with Louis Armstrong

P

Princeton

Entrance: Pops is asleep unseen by Louis who walks in and starts practicing his trumpet.

Pops:frown:wakes up) Ahh! Where's the fire?
Louis: Well, hello there, Pops. I'm Louis Armstrong, but you can call me "Satchmo".
Pops: Ain't that short for "Satchel Mouth"?
Louis: Yes indeedy! Boy, you sure know a lot about me, don't you?
Pops: Yeah! And I think I speak on behalf of all of us here on The Muppet Show when I say "Enjoy yourself!"
Louis: Thanks, Pops! Say, would you like to be in my closing number?
Pops: It would be an honor.

Opening Theme
Gonzo: hears trumpet sound and says"Is that you, Louis?"

Opening Number: Louis and Miss Piggy sing "I Still Get Jealous"

Backstage: There is talk about Bobby Benson and his babies leaving the show. Kermit tries to reason with Bobby, but Bobby won't allow it. Frustrated, Kermit announces the next number.

Song: Electric Mayhem singing "Bad Bad Bobby B."(instead of Bad Bad Leroy Brown).

Muppet Labs: Atomic Treadmill, with Beaker testing it out and not being able to turn it off.

UK Skit: Fozzie, as a farmer, sings "That Lucky Old Sun" accompanied by singing flowers.

Backstage/Skit: Kermit is upset about losing the babies, so Zoot tries to cheer him up with a sax solo of "Let It Be".

Closing Number: Pops and Louis sing "What A Wonderful World", with a special appearance by the babies!

Closing Theme

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Sounds nice, except that Armstrong died before TMS started ... :frown: :cry:

P

Princeton

Feedback, anyone? This is the first one I've posted and I'm kinda proud of it(granted, the Entrance scene is a little lame, but other than that, it's an O.K. petunia!).

P

Princeton

Forgot to revive this one!

-Any fav parts?
-For the closing number, think of the opening number from the Julie Andrews ep as the setting.
-For the opening number, think of the setting as being the same as was used for the UK Skit from the Diana Ross ep.
-For the UK Skit, think of it in the cornfield from Old Yeller.

P

Princeton

Princeton said:
Forgot to revive this one!

-Any fav parts?
-For the closing number, think of the opening number from the Julie Andrews ep as the setting.
-For the opening number, think of the setting as being the same as was used for the UK Skit from the Diana Ross ep.
-For the UK Skit, think of it in the cornfield from Old Yeller.
Also, think of it as being circa the Hal Linden ep.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I liked it a lot. And the fact that a performer died, is why it is "fan Fiction." Just becuase it can't be real, let's make it anyway!!!

I think perhaps there should have been one or two more sketches, but other than that, it was super!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I think the opening would be a whole lot better if Louis specifically made mention somehow to Pops the Doorman that "Pops" was his nick name.

I'm sure Pops would have been pleasantly amazed to hear that. "Wow I'd sure love to sing with you at the end of the show. Two Pops are better than one Heheheh."

Keep up your outlines mate.

Timotheus

Reaction score
Satch on the Muppet Show...that would have been more awesome than...well, I can't think of anything more awesome right now. (Jack Parnell's trumpet player probably would have fainted at the thought...)
It needs more action with the guest star...like, try a trumpet duel between Satch and the orchestra trumpet player (be that the guy or the girl with curly hair)...some gag involving high c would be funny. Try inserting some jokes about his inflating cheeks...
Put in a talk spot...that man did have an interesting life (although if the question of how he got his voice is asked, it might get iffy, since he got it because of life-long drug use).
Nice outline!