The Muppet Show with Milton Berle

D

Dil

I wish I could see the Milton Berle episode of The Muppet Show, but I'll have to wait until the Season 2 DVD is released.

I hope that it's complete when it'll be released on DVD.

I really want to see Pigs in Space in one of Buena Vista's Muppet Show DVDs.

The Muppet Show Season 1 is not TOO good. :grouchy: Here's why:

Muppet Labs didn't have Beaker
Janice spoke a lot different than in the rest of the Seasons
The Newsflash Sketches had very less running gags
The theme was a lot different
Kermit was less energetic than in the late seasons
Fozzie's fur was darker
No Pigs in Space sketches at all
Zoot spoke more
Almost every episode had At The Dance sketches
Some scenes are cut in the DVD release
Brian Henson made only three specific intros for Season 1
Miss Piggy was not always performed by Frank Oz
Gonzo's eyelids were droopy and imobile
Floyd's eyes didn't blink
&...

In my opinion, when Peter Ustinov is scheduled to be the guest star, and Peter Sellers Hope appears, Scooter would say that Sellers would make a better guest than Ustinov, so they have to cancel Ustinov.
Here's my guest of how Peter Ustinov didn't have single sung word from his mouth in The Muppet Show: His throat. Sellers: 2, Ustinov: 0

When I get The Muppet Show Season 2 DVD, I'm going to see the episode starring Milton Berle first.
(Disney, if you don't have the complete episode starring Milton, get the music licencing issues for that episode. You are popular and rich, you know.) :excited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm going to give some defensive comments towards some of your opinions. I am not trying to be rude, but I have to say how I feel.

The theme was a lot different

All of the themes had differences, though this is the only opening to not have any of the same scenes in multiple openings. I kinda wish that the full-body monsters appeared in the first opening.

Zoot spoke more

Do you hate Zoot's voice, or do you prefer him to talk less often? I guess it's more special for him to talk when he doesn't talk as much, but I feel like it was neat that e did a lot of talking that season. Is The Great Muppet Caper your least favorite Muppet movie because he had more lines in that movie than in the others?

Some scenes are cut in the DVD release

true, but that's not the fault of the season, just the fault of the DVD release (or, more importantly, the fault of the people making the legal clearances and/ or the music rights holders). They were included in the original broadcasts, and I'm sure that most of them will be included in future broadcasts (the only reason I can think of for them being cut from television in the future would be if the channel showing The Muppet Show decided to include UK spots, which is why Nickelodeon edited a lot of scenes from the US broadcast). We won't know untill the other sets are released whether or not the remaining seasons will be fully uncut.

Brian Henson made only three specific intros for Season 1

You shouldn't judge how good or bad a season is based on whether brian henson introduced a lot of the episodes. After all, Brian Henson's intros didn't even appear on the first season DVD. I doubt that they will be on future season sets.

Dil said:
In my opinion, when Peter Ustinov is scheduled to be the guest star, and Peter Sellers Hope appears, Scooter would say that Sellers would make a better guest than Ustinov, so they have to cancel Ustinov.
Here's my guest of how Peter Ustinov didn't have single sung word from his mouth in The Muppet Show: His throat. Sellers: 2, Ustinov: 0
Uh, who or what is Peter Sellers Hope?

D

Dil

Oops! my mistake! it's Peter Sellers.

I prefer Zoot speaking less, though The Great Muppet Caper IS indeed my favorite.