The MuppetCast - Show #38 - Best of the MuppetCast

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
It's the last episode of The MuppetCast for 2007!

We celebrate the new year by looking forward at some of the new projects coming to us in the new year, and by revisiting some of the best interviews we've had on the show thus far.

Happy Birthday to Caroll Spinney! 74 years old, can you believe it?

Happy New Year everyone!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd like to point out a mistake that was made on this podcast. At the beginning, you said that the clip of the Muppets singing Auld Lagn Syne (or however it's spelled) is from The Muppet Show's fourth season episode with Phyllis George. It's actually from the fifth season episode with Loretta Switt.

Luke

Reaction score
Congrats Steve for the huge success of the Muppetcast and all the work you do. Huge respect to you, here's to another year of great episodes - and the highlight for me was Dave Goelz and Gonzo. I think when you got that intro and interview you completely upped your game to a whole new level so to speak, lol. Happy new year!

I'll put in a request for 2008 - a Karen Prell interview with a Red Fraggle intro. That would be so amazing! Oh and Ken Lilly! And Steve Whitmire, and Bill Baretta, and Brian Henson ...... and an hour long Q&A with Camilla the Chicken! LOL

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hi Stephen, sounds great! Just checking, did you get my message?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hey Steve

I sent you a late Christmas present i hope you use it better then i did.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Back from New Year's craziness finally, despite the absolutely treacherous road conditions driving from Dayton to Columbus. What is normally an 80-90 minute trip took at least two hours, maybe more. Ugh.

Thanks for pointing out my mis-quoting the source of the opening song, minor_muppetz. You're right; I had the right face in mind when I said what I said, but the name came out wrong, lol.

Thank you for your extremely kind words, Luke! Your interview requests are appreciated and, in many cases, are on my list of people to talk to in the coming year. I have an interview lined up to do on Friday morning with someone who had a VERY BIG part in making Fraggle Rock a reality, and plan on getting to talk with a lot more really awesome people this year!

heralde, I got your PM's and they rock! Thank you sooo much, this stuff will come in very useful when I do the episode tribute to him.

And Dwayne, I got your present via email. I'll talk to her and we'll see if we can make this happen!

Thanks again eveyone!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
heralde, I got your PM's and they rock! Thank you sooo much, this stuff will come in very useful when I do the episode tribute to him.
Oh good! Just wanted to make sure, you know how the Internet can be, hehe. I'm glad you think they'll be useful; can't wait to hear your program!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Oh my God, there's a Muppet podcast? I'm a little [way] behind on Muppet Central, but this is really cool news to me. (Especially because I JUST got an iPod)

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Sure is, Mr. Penguin! You can find it for free in iTunes (just search for "muppetcast"), or at the website, http://www.muppetcast.com. I suggest you try iTunes first, since it will be much easier to just make everything work with your new iPod that way.

Hope you like what you hear!