The MuppetCast - Show #43 - Window to the Muppets

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hiya Hiya Hiya! You're a wonderful-lookin' audience, it's a pleasure to be here! Sorry for the late post on MC concerning this episode, but better late than never!

This week I'm proud to have my friend Paul Barrie on the show to talk about a great podcast, and one that inspired me to start The MuppetCast, "A Window to the Magic". Paul started this podcast over two years ago, and today he's still going strong. We talk about what makes a podcast great, how he got his start in podcasting, and why he still loves doing this two years later. He's a great guy, and if you've never met him before I think you'll really like him.

New contest coming next week. Don't miss it! Also, check out the new Bell, Book & Comic TV commercial! Email them at bellbookcomic@sbcglobal.net and let 'em know what you think.

Hope you like the show this week. Have a good one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve. Sorry I didn't call in, didn't know if you wanted our screen names or real names. The intro for Show 43 was a real great idea. Wanted to ask though since your Muppet clips for this episode seem to have been Season 3-ish... The bit in the intro where Kermit says "I get a chill", what episode is that from? Absolutely love the idea for the WTTM24 walk-through... Maybe you should consider talking to him for tips on making episodes available on CD since we were discussing that just last week. Also, it's good to finally hear a story about a friend getting a Disney park segment stuck over and over super-repetetive like, when my family went to WDW in 91 it was the Carousel of Life that kept rotating back to the previous scene on a non-ending loop until it just finally moved ahead. Laughed heartily at the gang performing "Do-Re-Mi". Look forward to the new episode and contest.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I listened to it on Sunday night, and I loved it! Paul does seem like a rully nice guy, and I was plesently surprised, (although seeing as he's a friend of yours I guess I shouldn't have been), to find that he's a muppet fan as well! I loved hearing about that bi-neural technology; talk about the science of sound! I haven't checked out his podcast yet, but I definately plan to.
Now, on to the intro. It was great to hear so many of us, (and I didn't think I sounded half bad), amidst Muppet Show clips. It was kinda weird though, because when set against a slow song like that, it sounded like a montage from some sort of sad tribute show, maybe "Muppets and Their Fans Through the Years," or something, lol. What was the name of that group again anyway?

Thanks for another great show!
:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I thought the intro was very cool. I'm not a big Disney fan but the guy seemed interesting enough.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well done as always I cant wait for the next Contest i think i have really worked to hard on them. I just want a win, ya know it feels good to win but i want everything to be fair so i keep trying, and trying is also really fun. It also gives me a chance to be creative with what i know.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'm glad everyone liked the intro! The music this week was by Sigur Ros, an Icelandic group that specializes in ambient music.

All the Muppet clips in the opening montage were from TMS season 3, but I forget which episode Kermit's "I get a chill" was from. I'll look back thru the shows I used and let you know, Count. Paul actually gave me the idea to put old shows on CDs, and I'm just getting the grouping of shows into different "volumes" now. One thing I'm very happy to say about the CD volumes, though, is that they'll be transfers of my original source audio, NOT transfers of the MP3 files. What this means is that the CD shows will be even clearer audio quality than is heard every week in the mp3 versions!

I love the way Paul does his binaural recordings. If you haven't heard his show before, go listen to a recent episode. He uses that recording technology almost every week, and it's amazing!

That opening music was very dramatic, wasn't it Fragglemuppet? I've always like that song, and it's always given me that big, important, dramatic feel whenever I hear it. I've wanted to use it in something for a long time, whether it was a video or audio project. I think it gave a different feel to the Muppets, and you're absolutely right, there was a "Through the Years" feeling there!

I'll give everyone a hint as to what the next contest prize will be. Hehe...you'll only know this if you've been listening since around Christmas, which I think everyone here has. The hint is: the contest is sponsored by Bill's Bricks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Gotcha. BTW: You might want to check out the 4th MC Awards thread. We exploded it with crazy muffining, but the first page and first post contain the rules and ballot categories.

Looking forward to next week's show.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Paul actually gave me the idea to put old shows on CDs, and I'm just getting the grouping of shows into different "volumes" now. One thing I'm very happy to say about the CD volumes, though, is that they'll be transfers of my original source audio, NOT transfers of the MP3 files. What this means is that the CD shows will be even clearer audio quality than is heard every week in the mp3 versions!
Wow Steve, I may just purchase the MuppetCast CDs (of course, once I finish saving for my upcoming WDW trips in June & October). The quality sounds cool! I hope you're also offering a download version, either through iTunes or through the MuppetCast.Com site (unlike Lou Mongello, who STILL can't get a doggone downloadable version of his WDW Audio Guides...).

I'll give everyone a hint as to what the next contest prize will be. Hehe...you'll only know this if you've been listening since around Christmas, which I think everyone here has. The hint is: the contest is sponsored by Bill's Bricks.
Ooh, is it Muppet Legos? Or is it Star Wars Legos?

Or is it something else entirely? :confused:

BJ

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I apologize for just noticing now, but I can't help but think "Good grief, the comedian's a bear!" everytime I see that first line of your original post! :big_grin:

Sorry for the tangential bent, Steve and everyone at MC.

BJ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey BJ... If you go to the Next Muppetcast Guest Poll thread, you'll find the link Steve posted for Show 44 and figure out what the contest is about and the prize being offered.
Hope this helps.