The MuppetCast - Show #46 - Macho, Macho Pigs

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey Count,

1. Somebody sent it to me a long time ago. I wish I could remember who. I'm still rooting thru email archives trying to figure it out.

2. Thought so.

3. I've never seen the Raggedy Ann & Andy movie. I wouldn't mind seeing it, though.

4. I don't know what all versions of "A Little Bit" exist. I wouldn't doubt that a version starring the people you mentioned exists. Send it my way if you find it! And...really, not "Muppy"? It rolls off the tongue so easily! Saying "M-U-P-3" sounds so weird. Saying "Muppy-3" sounds...well, so Muppet-y! I think I might have to lead the charge on that one. "Muppy-3: A Change (in pronunciation) we can believe in".

5. I figured a lot of people outside the continental US can't access it, so that's why I've been featuring them in the intros. Plus, it's new Muppet material, and it's GOLD!

6. Strong G, like prawny says below.

7. Hmm, I hope they get that worked out.

8. Let me know how things look in SD!

9. No idea, but I bet a PM to her would do the trick.

10. You betcha!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Thanks, will correct the pronunciation on "gelfling" for my reader. And we don't call them "M-U-P 3s", we call them Mup3s precisely to make it sound Muppety versus the old standard MP3. You know, Mup, as in short for Muppet? Like KMUP-TV, the station where Muppets Tonight broadcasted from?
*Sighs... Subtle Muppet references, it takes a very well-trained eye to spot them. Even some of these escape the best of us in the fanfic readings.

At any rate, take care and enjoy your trip buddy.

BEAR

Reaction score
And...really, not "Muppy"? It rolls off the tongue so easily! Saying "M-U-P-3" sounds so weird. Saying "Muppy-3" sounds...well, so Muppet-y! I think I might have to lead the charge on that one. "Muppy-3: A Change (in pronunciation) we can believe in".

!
I've always pronounced it that way too, Steve. "Muppy 3". Actually more like "Mup P3". Sounds right, not so awkward. I guess it really doesn't matter here though, since we all spell it the same way and we know what it means.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
4 Isn't there a version of "A Little Bit" with some female recording superstar and the Sesame duck?
Yes, there is. I think the singer's name is spelled Layla Salonga, and she sang it in episode 3154. She sang it at a Birdkateer meeting, to a duck who wanted to be a good singer.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
minor muppetz, it's LEA Salonga. I only know this because I've seen her several times. She was the singing voice of Jasmine in Aladdin, and she was in Miss Saigon. I think she was also Eponine in Les Miserables at some point.

BJ

Luke

Reaction score
You look like a true pro broadcaster, lol! Lovin that Ohio weather, looks beautiful, but cold!

Happy Birthday Steve!