The MuppetCast - Show #48 - White Snow and Red Monsters

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Well, I'm back from my trip to Walt Disney World, and I came back reinvigorated and ready to do some more great shows. I think I can say we hit the ground running this week. My guest, as you may have read earlier, is Kevin Clash. And yes, he was awesome!

There's lots to talk about this week in the Muppet world, including the news that The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth are now available to buy/rent in iTunes! As far as I know, the script for "Henson" is still out there and things are moving right along. And now it looks like we get a stage musical version of Emmet Otter too! What's not to like?

Here's another little nugget of joy that'll surely make somebody's day. I have it on VERY good authority that MuppetVision 3D will NOT be leaving Disney's California Adventure! Turns out that it was much more expensive to gut and re-theme the place than it would be to just leave it be, which we all know is what they should have done in the first place. So, woohoo!

There is a lot more in the show this week, so give it a listen and tell me what you think. Have a good one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve... Glad you're back and comfy cozy from all the snow out there to shovel. Again, happy B-Day if you haven't seen the thread for you in Friends & Family.

It's a joy to have a fresh minty new MuppetCast waiting for Monday mornings.

Thoughts...
1 Poor Kermit... Saw it was ol' Harvey Kneeslapper who set him up from the beginning.
2 Um, I think you got your Ryans mixed up. Ryan Dosier is our resident Prawn here at MC, Ryan Roe is the toughpigs.com main contributor/writer who started the article you mentioned.
3 The Kevin Clash interview was great in and of its own right. If you should happen to get Jane Hunt as a guest again, I'd like to compare her views on Captain Kangaroo with Kevin's, as they seem to present diametrical opposite POV's of the same person.
4 You know... I happen to remember watching the Great Space Coaster when I was younger. Kevin's character there was one Goriddle Gorilla, whose voice/mannerisms later became those of an owlwith a saxophone who plays you a rock & roll tune.
5 Additionally, the puppet that would become Hoots was the Board of Birds member Kevin performed/voiced on FTB.
6 Abby in Wonderland? Consider me curioser and curioser and already hooked. That's my all-time fave story.
7 Haven't seen Three Pigs and a Baby yet, but the commercials for it air randomly on some channels.
8 Thoroughly enjoyed the stereophonic version of Happiness Hotel. The main difference and what I'm missing from mine is Animal's rant about missing the Rembrandt exhibit at the national gallery. Ren-Oir!
9 Would very much like to hear your WDW report, stuff like that always fascinates me.

At any rate, take care buddy and we'll see you around the boards.
Yaaaeeeeey!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm getting me a sandwich and i can't wait for this muppetcast!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Heya Count,

1. Yeah, I loved this sketch from Sesame! Nic Kramer sent me the link to this, since he's also in Columbus, OH, and was experiencing this blizzard right along with me.

2. Yeah, I know. I heard that too when I listened again this morning. D'oh!

3. Jane will be on again soon, and yes I agree that the two of them have VERY different takes on the man, lol! I wonder why that is?

4. I remember watching the Great Space Coaster when I was a kid. I'm trying to find old episodes to watch now. Maybe Tao of Kids TV has it, I'll have to check.

5. Okay, wait....FTB...I should know what that stands for. I give up, what's FTB? (Sorry, brain's frozen)

6. Yeah, I'm really interested too. I didn't know if he'd actually say what audio it was that we were hearing in the background as he spoke. That was really cool of him to take some time out of his busy schedule to talk with me, and to even bring Elmo along too!

7. I think I might see if Best Buy has it on my way home. Too bad the JHC didn't release 3 Pigs and a Baby in iTunes! Then again, who knows, maybe they will!

8. Hehe yep, David Q is definitely great at those sound comparisons and observations!

9. I'll consider that one vote "FOR"!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the show as always. This week, it was a strange reminder in that some parts of the US, it's still winter.

I enjoyed the Kevin Clash interview. It's really interesting that he wanted to be an animator as a youngster. Something I wish you two could have discussed was the character Clifford and his importance in Muppets Tonight, and to the Muppets in the 1990s after Jim's death. All together though, it was an interesting, informative interview. A little short, though I'm sure that the both of you were busy.

EDIT: And as a Disney fan and a Disney World lover, I would love to hear about your trip, as long as the show is full of other Muppety goodness. ... Which it always is.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I to would love to hear about your trip to disney world! if we dont i think the ones who do should camp out at your house untill we get to hear about your trip.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yay, Kevin! Grover's my favorite too! I imagine it was amazing watching Frank perform him.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loving this weeks MuppetCast. Loving the Kevin Clash interview and can't wait for the "Abby in Wonderland" speical or stright to DVD. This is going to be cool.

What was the deal with "The Great Muppet Caper" audio for? I know it's from the video then the audio version on the records, cassette and CDs.