The MuppetCast - Show #58 - A Tribute to Jim (2008)

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
That's a good thing in my mind, BG, lol. I didn't want this year's tribute to be such a "downer". Last year I more or less patterned the tribute after Jim's actual memorial service, since many people didn't really know about the service and certainly didn't get to attend it. Since that show was essentially made up of speakers and moments from a funeral, naturally it would be a very emotional experience. I wanted something maybe equally as reflective this year, but decidedly more "up". We've all had the "emotional mess" experience now, so I didn't want to create that again. It apparently worked; I'm glad you liked it!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Wow, it's Wednesday morning and we're already at almost 800 downloads? That's unheard of!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The thing that really got me smiling was that this was the best Frank Oz interview I have ever read or heard in a long time. In every other interview he seemd or angery. In this one he was honered to talk about his Frined Jim and the work he has done.

Reaction score
I also was delighted with the Frank Oz interview. Very satisfying to hear answered a lot of the things I've been wondering myself, specifically how Jim and Frank's relationship was reflected in the characters they play.

It would be interesting, if you are fortunate to have time with him again, to hear about more aspects of his career....Yoda, "In and Out"....his "It's an OPERA" cameo.

Also found it interesting how a number of the people who wrote in had a disability of some sort. Further evidence of Jim's message that diversity is good and we all have something to contribute. As an elementary school teacher I found this especially encouraging. :smile:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
That's a good question. Here's how I'll answer it: Frank has an open invitation to come on anytime he wants, but don't expect to hear from him again next week :embarrassed:

How's that work?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Fair eough he did seem like he enjoied himself though

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So far Frank Oz sent a message for the Richard Hunt tribute show, and was interviewed for the Jim Henson tribute show. It would be great if he would come on to talk about himself. It's great that he was on these tributes (Hmm, maybe you should do a Jerry Juhl or Jon Stone tribute show), and it makes sense that for the tributes he talk more about the people being represented (though he did talk a lot about his own career here).