The MuppetCast - Show #64 - The Muppet Movie

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
De Fleeem is Oooky Doooky!

It certainly is; this week we celebrate The Muppet Movie! Joining me on the show is Muppet writer and historian Craig Shemin. Along with various bits and pieces of the movie, Craig's commentary and insights make this an episode you won't want to miss.

The news and email are backing up, but I will get to them and comment on much of it next week. Until then, sit back and enjoy this Muppet Movie special edition episode of The MuppetCast!

Questions/Comments can be emailed to me@muppetcast.com, or called in to the voicemail line (live on Thursday evenings) at 614-364-4270.

I hope you like the show!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm listening to it right now, and it's great! but i saw you made a typo, you accidently put 1971 insted of 1979 as the year of release. but its still great.
:smile:

Reaction score
You couldn't have had better timing with this one. :smile: I lost my mind and rather spontaneously went on a road trip from Wisconsin to the western states. I kept having the Fozzie Bear version of "America the Beautiful" stuck in my head.

I just love the idealism of this movie that what inspires Kermit to go to Hollywood isn't the idea of wealth and fame, but the idea that he could make "millions of people happy."

Your podcast has also helped me learn some of the correct lyrics to songs from this movie. I always used to think the line in "I Hope To Come Back There Someday" was "Have I Found Blind Lace" instead of "Have I Found My Place." As it was Gonzo singing, it never phased me that the line about blind lace made no sense until you provided another recording of Dave Goelz singing the song with better diction. :concern:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Thanks Dire Corrector! I'm glad you enjoyed the show so much. Talking with Craig was a joy, and we've already agreed that we must do it again sometime soon. Fozzie's "America" was the only way I learned that song when I was a kid, lol!

Reaction score
Yeah the Fozzie version was how I learned the song too. I remember asking my mother if the "bump bah bah bum" part were really part of the words.