The MuppetCast - Show #68 - A Record-Breaking Show!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Time for something new on the podcast, starting this week! Along with the usual, I'm debuting a new segment called "The Muppet List", which will be a lot of fun, I think. It will also involve a LOT more MuppetCast listeners in the show! Listen to this week's episode to see what I've got up my sleeve.

I'm happy to say that we've finally got a winner of the Make Something Cool contest! The contest had over 30,000 total votes cast by listeners, and the one and only Sam Pynes has gone and done it, with over 14,000 votes. Good job, Sam! I'm really very proud of everyone's submissions, and all the time and effort that everybody put into making their entries needs to be rewarded. So, courtesy of the Jim Henson Legacy and The MuppetCast, EVERYONE who entered something in the contest will be receiving a free copy of It's Not Easy Being Green, the wonderful book of quotations from Jim Henson, the Muppets, and friends. I'm also sweetening the pot for the runner up, our good friend Peter Valentin (who's been seen on Muppet Central once or twice, lol). Compliments of Bell, Book & Comic, Peter's getting some cool plush Giant Microbes, which I don't think they sell in Australia! Congrats and thanks again everyone, I hope you had fun.

MuppetDanny has contributed the audio for this week's feature segment. It's quite rare, I think; it's an old book-and-record version of The Muppets Take Manhattan! This is from 1894, and since this film won the listener poll last week, think of this as a warm-up for the coming full-length review. The main reason that the special edition didn't happen this week is that it was just a bad week to land a guest for the show, so we'll try again in a week or two. I think you'll like who DOES show up to help me with that episode though. I'm personally very excited!

Lots more going on in the show, so check it all out at MuppetCast.com. Let me know what you think of the show!

Have a good one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve. Is it bad of me that I look forward to the threads, not only to LMK the new episode's up, but just for the clever title you give the episode-based thread itself? Heading off to listen now as I break from my school writing, which, let's face it, none of us rully look forward to doing anyway.

The read-along TMTM book? Oooh, that's the one narrated by Scooter, Mr. Hunt!
1894? You might want to check your dates hokay.
Wonder what kind of monkeywrench this throws into your road trip plans. But then again...
You were a schemer, a man of plans, and where did that get you?

(Yes, I went to see that movie last week with my brother, his "girlfriend" and my best bud).
Take care. *Off to listen.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hehe. 1894 indeed. I think that's the version played out by popsicle sticks as shadow puppets.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Down at the ol' OK Playpen where the Muppet Babies keep tracking the clues in search of the Great Cookie Thief. Or is that the Great Cookie Monster Thief...

Enjoyed the episode. The Muppet List seems like a good addition to the show, just hope there's room enough for it and the other features we've come to love. Oh, and the SST character Joe was thinking of is Bip Bippadotta, the Sesame version of Mahna Mahna. If you want, I can send you a couple of songs featuring Bip.
Hope the road trip goes off without a hitch, don't knock over any garbage trucks.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm happy to say that we've finally got a winner of the Make Something Cool contest! The contest had over 30,000 total votes cast by listeners, and the one and only Sam Pynes has gone and done it, with over 14,000 votes. Good job, Sam! I'm really very proud of everyone's submissions, and all the time and effort that everybody put into making their entries needs to be rewarded. So, courtesy of the Jim Henson Legacy and The MuppetCast, EVERYONE who entered something in the contest will be receiving a free copy of It's Not Easy Being Green, the wonderful book of quotations from Jim Henson, the Muppets, and friends. I'm also sweetening the pot for the runner up, our good friend Peter Valentin (who's been seen on Muppet Central once or twice, lol). Compliments of Bell, Book & Comic, Peter's getting some cool plush Giant Microbes, which I don't think they sell in Australia! Congrats and thanks again everyone, I hope you had fun.

Have a good one!
Cool! Plush diseases! never seen that before.Thanks, Steve and Bell,Book & comic.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I started a new page/group, of sorts, on Facebook. You can click here and become an official Fan Of The MuppetCast!