The MuppetCast - Show #69 - Of Swine and Roses

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Sorry for the lateness of the show thread here in the forums. I spent all day yesterday working on the DVD of this road trip! Yes that's right, there will be a DVD available featuring Jane and myself, and you can read a bit more about that on the front page of MuppetCast.com.

The show this week features some rare audio from an extinct stage show at what was Disney's MGM Studios at the time of its run, "Muppets On Location: Days of Swine and Roses." Thanks to KermiClown for the assist on this one.

Next week, look for another "outside the box" kind of episode. For both days of my NJ trip, I sat down in my hotel room at the end of the day and just talked about what happened, in great detail. It's different from the norm, but I think it will still be interesting to hear everything that happened on the trip. You'll hear that my voice is quite tired by that point in the day, but it was well worth it to record everything while it was still fresh in my mind.

The week after that, I'll feature the audio from one portion of the DVD, the interview Jane and I did sitting at the kitchen table. In it, we're looking at various pictures of Richard and the family and Jane is commenting and sharing some stories. You won't be able to see the pictures as you will on the DVD, but hopefully this will help you decide if you want a copy of the DVD for yourself! I hope you will; this road trip was an unforgettable experience.

I'll also be sending out almost all prizes this week from the recent contest, so if you're receiving something look for it late this week or early next week.

If anyone's going to Puppets Up in Almonte next week, tell Noreen and the gang that I said hello. That's one trip that I'm regrettably not able to make this year.

Have a good one!

PS - I'm going to withhold comment on Studio DC for now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Looking forward to it all. If you need music for the TMTM episode or when you get to JHH Episode 6, LMK as I can help out. Speaking of that, I need to get those EM songs/covers from Swine and Roses for the secret project.

*Dashes off to tend to other errands.
Ah, the sweet smell of freedom.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sounds good! I probably couldn't get such a DVD because I don't share my info online, but it will be nice to hear some of it on the podcast.

aWhatnot

Reaction score
Hey Steve!
This is for the wrong show and I'm still on show #64, almost caught up since the fist show and two and a half weeks later. I'm not sure if you have gotten any ideas for a new name for the get together by Nemo at the end of Oct. (when my girlfriend is due to have our baby!) I though maybe you can call it the "The First Muppet Meeting, For The Halibut!"
Fozzie mentions this in the song "An actors life for me" he did with Rowlf, I think it was in season one.
Thanks

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Oh aWhatnot, that is wonderful! That certainly needs to be worked into the name somewhere. Great thinking.