The MuppetCast - Show #73 - Terry Angus Pt. 1

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi-ho! This week's show is definitely one you can't miss. My special guest is the very talented puppeteer Terry Angus! We had so much to talk about that I split the interview into two segments, and next week you'll hear the conclusion of our conversation. This week, however, Terry and I talk about his time spent working on Fraggle Rock and various Muppet TV specials. Terry auditioned for Fraggle with Richard Hunt and Jim Henson, and even did his Kermit impression for Jim as part of the audition! He worked on Fraggle Rock from day one to day last.

BJ also joins me for a wonderful Muppet List, as we discuss obscure and overlooked Muppets. While we could have gone on for days, I think we made some good picks in a relatively short amount of time!

Lots and lots of stuff covered in this week's show. The most important news item would probably be the premiere of Sid the Science Kid on PBS. I watched it this morning and...I really like it! I think it will be a fun and effective way of presenting science topics to preschoolers. Sid's a great character, and the "world" of the show is very appealing. Job well done, Henson!

Ashley and I are taking off for her parents' house today (Labor Day) for a cookout. Mmm...smoked ribs. :insatiable:

What did you think of this episode?

Reaction score
I was so happy when Large Marvin made the obscure muppet list. I was waiting for somebody to mention Uncle Deadly.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Uncle Deadly was nowhere near on my list, not by a long shot. :stick_out_tongue:

I had way more obscure Muppets than just the several we got to!

BJ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just a quick FYI... Seymour and Pepe worked as elevator operators, and then moved to be in charge of the KMUP TV Studios' connaissary/cafeteria area. You can see them there in the Prince episode.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Uncle Deadly is a great pick, DC! I'm sure this is a top we'll be visiting on a future Muppet list, and I'll try to include him in that segment. My favorite Deadly appearances are in the Alice Cooper episode.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Just as an FYI for those who wanted to know who got axed (I had way more than 4, btw):

Angus MacGregor (the guy trying to attempt the world record in bagpipe eating in the Anne Murray episode of TMS)
The Martins and the Coys (from the Johnny Cash episode of TMS, basically based on the song of the same name for the most part)
The Dodo (also from the Anne Murray episode of TMS, this was the bird that interrupted when Anne sang "Snowbird" and made horrible bird puns...)

BJ

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I'm so bummed out cause for some reason this episode will not transfer to my iPod...it's as though I'm transferring nothing...it doesn't tell me my iPod is full or any error message and it also let's me transfer other podcasts but not this particular episode:frown:

Anyone have any suggestions that's more tech savvy than I am?

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
It's a 30 GB that I bought brand new at the end of 2005. I'm also using an iMac as my computer.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hmm. Try this, Dr. B. Unsubscribe from the MuppetCast in iTunes, delete out all the old episode mp3s you might have, and then re-subscribe to it and sync. See if that doesn't fix the problem.