The MuppetCast - Show #74 - Terry Angus Pt. 2

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Wow, can you believe we're only one week away from the next MuppetCast Road Trip? I certainly can't. Next weekend I'll be in Atlanta, helping our friends at the Center for Puppetry Arts celebrate their 30th anniversary! You might remember that last year around this time I took my first trip to the Center to see the opening of the "Jim Henson: Puppeteer" exhibit. This is a small but amazing exhibit put together by the Center and the Jim Henson Legacy (and the Henson family, via the Legacy). I had the opportunity to meet and talk with people like Arthur Novell the executive director of the Legacy, Al Gottesman the then-president of the Legacy, Karen Falk the Henson archivist, Vince Anthony the director of the Center, Heather Henson, and many of the fine folks who work at the Center. I was even able to bring back some pictures and an audio tour of the Center to present on the show.

Well this year we're stepping it up a notch. I'm anticipating being able to bring back some video (possibly in a new Road Trip DVD) and audio that will top last year's coverage. I can't say much right now, but I think you'll really love it! They're also opening a new Henson exhibit, "Jim Henson: Wonders From His Workshop". Should be really great!

This week, though, you'll hear the conclusion of my interview with Muppet performer and puppeteer Terry Angus. We talk about Terry's own puppet production, Blizzard Island, as well as his work creating the Master Replicas figures. Terry actually created the prototypes for ALL released MR figures to date, and there just may be more coming in the future! We talk about both the positive feedback and the constructive criticism the figures have received from fans, and it was great to talk with Terry about the comments from the fans.

There's also a new Muppet List, feature MuppetCast listener Jamie from Ottawa, Canada! The first international Muppet List, woohoo! We talk about favorite Muppet props, and it was a fun discussion.

The show's a little bit shorter than normal this week (just over an hour), but I'm still getting things ready for next weekend and needed the extra time. Tell me what you think of the show!

Have a good one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve. Listened to it this morning, would've done it last night... But I was in a bind, I was waay behind, I was looking for all the fics to still read.
That makes me maybe start cooking something creative... No promises.

1 It might interest you to note that the Bust of Beethoven also appeared on the short-lived Henson production The Ghost of Faffner Hall, along with the Bust of Mozart and Bust of Hendle.
2 Isn't Ojo a female bear cub? Not rully sure.
3 As for Big Bird's teddy bear, I know there's a more in-depth story as to how that came about. You could ask Bryan (BEAR) about it, he possibly knows it better than I do.
4 Good montage, from SST Old School 2. Gotta get you some Don Music songs.

Looking forward to the next one of these MuppetCast thingys.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Great show as always. Interesting to hear Terry's comments about MC. I know I don't realize most of the time myself how many people look to MC for feedback. If you're reading this, Terry: Great job on everything, especially the interview!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wasn't the guy who played Radar on MASH the guy who gave Radar the stuffed bear to Big Bird?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hey, Steve - just saw the trailer you posted on YouTube; looks rully fab!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep Kelly, that's how the story goes.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Here's the link to the YouTube trailer I put together for the Jane Hunt DVD. You can watch it here. Let me know what you think!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Nice bit where you said "Oops, sorry, gotta watch the DVD for that part!"... I thought that was hilarious. Sounded like something Gonzo would say.

And I'm just now getting to both parts of the Terry Angus interview...hopefully in time for Sunday's show where something entirely different will be happening! :big_grin:

BJ