The MuppetCast - Show #76 - CPA's 30th Pt. 1

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi-ho everyone! This week kicks off a multi-part series talking about the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, GA. They recently celebrated their 30th anniversary, and The MuppetCast was there to cover all of it! From one-on-one interviews to special events, to a Members-only tour led by Cheryl Henson, we've got it all, thanks to the help of many wonderful people at the Center. Very special thanks also to the Hensons for their presence at the event, and for appearing on the show. Lisa, Cheryl, and Heather Henson were all there, and it was a privilege to meet them.

This episode includes the Friday night unveiling of the Center's newest Henson exhibit "Jim Henson: Wonders From His Workshop", with opening statements given by the Center's Executive Director, Vince Anthony. Cheryl Henson follows Vince, and actually gives the countdown to drop the curtain and invites the public in to see this amazing collection.

Then Cheryl is your guide as we go on a tour through the new exhibit. The audio is a little shaky in places, and I've done some additional editing to it, but Ms. Henson takes us from Kermit to Big Bird (yes, they have an actual full-size Big Bird), to the Fraggles, to Emmet Otter, to Labyrinth and more!

Finally, I'm happy to present some audio from a new friend I met at the Center. His name is David Stephens, and he is the second person to be cast in the new Emmet Otter stage musical! So now the cast consists of Tyler Bunch and David, and neither one of them really knows what character(s) they're performing yet! Hehe. David's also done some Muppeteering on this season of Sesame Street! In an upcoming episode entitled "Baby Bear's Birthday", look for a green anything Muppet named Stephens. That's our David! Anyhoo, David serenades us in the Muppet Montage this week with his banjo, with the backing vocals provided by about 350 people in the Center's Main Stage Theater, getting warmed up for the Muppet Movie Sing-Along with Heather Henson.

Can you tell that this was a really fun weekend?

So give a listen and type something. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this episode!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
It sounds like it was great! I can't wait to listen to it tomorrow while at work:smile:

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
Steve,

It was nice to hear a shoutout for you at the beginning and the sing along stuff was great!

Looks like initial plans for my wife and I to hit the Emmet Otter Musical for December are in the works.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
That's cool, Matt! I'm thinking about getting up there myself to see it.