The MuppetCast - Show #83 - Jim Lewis, Yaaaay!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
This week I welcome back our good friend Jim Lewis. We'll be discussing Jim's new books "Jim Henson's Doodle Dreams", and Pepe the King Prawn's "It's Hard Out Here For A Shrimp". Kyle W. also joins me for a new Muppet List, where we discuss favorite Bert & Ernie moments.

I realized during the interview with Mr. Lewis, he's the longest-running MuppetCast guest! He was gracious enough to be the very first "Muppet person" to be interviewed on the show, and this week with his third appearance he holds the distinction of the most appearances as well. What a guy (the check's in the mail, Jim)!

As always, I was very happy with the Muppet List segment too. The ideas and knowledge that every single person has brought to this listener-involvement segment surprises me every single time! I'm getting a lot of requests from people to appear on this segment, and I want to accommodate everybody, so to help organize this part of this show I've set up a new email address. If you have not been on a Muppet List yet (and you want do be in the future), please send a quick email to list@muppetcast.com. Even if we've talked over the regular email about it, if you haven't been on the show yet and want to be, send a note to the new Muppet List email. Thanks!

How'd you like the new show?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Great show as always Steve! I think i have an idea as to how we can celebreate two years of asking Jim Lewis Questions, and being your longest running guest on the MuppetCast. We know now that his favorit thing he worked on was Muppet Classic Theater, so the next time Jim is going to be on the show we could also do a Muppet list of Muppet Classic Theater.
Also as kind of a gift from the MuppetCast to Jim we could do a top ten or five of our favorit Jim Quotes. We could also get some of the fans to send in there impressions of the Muppet saying there favoriit Jim Quote. that is the only idea that comes to mind when i think about something to show Jim thanks for being there for us fans.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
We could also get some of the fans to send in there impressions of the Muppet saying there favoriit Jim Quote. that is the only idea that comes to mind when i think about something to show Jim thanks for being there for us fans.
I love that idea and would be very glad to help out with it! PM or e-mail me Dwayne or Steve if you want my help with this!

Steve, I'll be listening to the show tonight and will post my comments as soon as I listen! :cool:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm listening right now. I'm really digin' the Sesame Street national bird segment. I like your idea to make a seperate E-mail for the Muppet Lists. :big_grin:
Edit: Big Bird at the end of that segment was priceless. Poor Big Bird.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I just got through listening to the show. Yes, I know it's been a while since I've commented on one.

First, loved the American portion with the SS skit, and your creative mention of the FR box set! I'll Give My Soul is one of my favorite songs, by the way, and it is one of my favorite episodes.
Second, I loved the list! Kyle, you were brilliant! Steve, you were brilliant too, of course.
:stick_out_tongue:
Steve, you're thinking of coming to the Jersey event? Awesome, I hope you make it! Though I think tickets are going quickly...
Thanks for mentioning the muppet appearance on the Today Show. I guess I listened just in time! I'm hoping to set my alarm, get a few hours sleep, and then tune in. Awww heck, I can just take a nap afterwards! lol
Steve, thanks for rephrasing my question to Jim in a more clear and concise way, lol! I think I'll take his advice.
Then not only do I find out that there will be an audio version of Street Gang, but it will be narrated by the great Caroll Spinney? Whoohoo!
:wisdom:
:excited:
David, I just loved hearing all of those different character voices at the end! It may just be me, but I thought that some of them had a distinctly Richard Hunt-esk sound to them. None of his characters in particular, although one sounded a little like Sweedums, but just some certain quality.

Great work Steve!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Arggledy harggledy snarrgggggle! ! !

After I had the chance to catch the Muppet Today Show appearance... I missed it. Why? Because I get limited online access again and I'm dealing with all the bogus spam accounts. Curse all you spithead spambots to HECK! ! !

Steve, only got to the Muppet List, didn't get to finish it. Here are some thoughts though.
1 November 27 2008 is Thanksgiving or as we MST3K fans call it, T-Day.
2 It's quite possible you got Emmet Otter characters mixed up. Yancy Woodchuck is the elderly woodchuck who is the first act at the Frogtown Hollow Talent Show, who sings Barbecue before the jugband gets their turn, prompting them to change their song to Brothers. Emmet's friend, the one voiced/performed by Richard Hunt was Charlie Woodchuck.
3 The cowboy hat sketch with Bert & Ernie... That was made into a book, I think I might still have it.
4 The sketch in the pyramid... Never was afraid of that one.
5 Don't forget Ernie pulled off Bert's nose continuing the running gag when they appeared on the Muppet Show in the Connie Stevens episode.
6 Though perhaps not a top list fave, there's one B&E sketch I do remember. It's one where Ernie's watching TV, but the station's stuck on a voiceover repeating the letter H. Bert goes in to fix the set, retrieves various H-items, then seals the back of the television. And in true comic fashion, the station was then stuck on the letter I.

Take care buddy.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well Ed, don't feel so bad. I missed it too! Although it was my fault for not reading all the orum announcements, and staying up so late last night.
:sleep:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Kate. Hope you have a great time at the SST 40th event.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Awww, thanks. You know, it's at times like this that I feel sorry for all the international members. I mean, you're kind of international... It seems like you guys never get anything!
:sympathy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Even the SST Live shows that come down here, I don't go to them though I should to provide reporting/reviews for MC. But I don't want to see them in Spanish, I want an English SST Live performance.

And at least I'm #2 on the Disney Pincast IPLIS. Rully enjoy that as the only other podcast I listen to. :big_grin: