The MuppetCast - Show #87 - Only 17 More Sleeps Till Christmas!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'm happy to welcome back author Michael Davis to talk more in-depth about his new book "Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street" this week! Michael and I talk about where the initial idea for the book came from, the practice of writing in general, and we recount many of the amazing interviews he conducted. The book hits store shelves on December 26, only a few short weeks away!

Also in this episode: A Muppet Christmas Carol, behind the scenes of "A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa", Muppet news, listener feedback, and more!

Hope you enjoy the new episode! Your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Very much enjoyed it. There's a funny joke in the interview, I can't repeat it here on MC, you guys will have to listen to it on the podcast. Loved the BTS audio footage... The MCC selections were well chosen.

There's one thing about the montage though. Did you splice together the original version of When The River Meets The Sea with the reprise from the finale of the special? I ask because I can tell one version apart from the other. The distinction is that in the finale reprise, there's an audible chorus hum when Alice finishes the first verse, coming from Emmet and the rest of the jugband's members. The chorus becomes more prominent when they sort of join for the third verse of the song. What I heard in the montage was the frist two verses from the original and then the third verse from the finale. Just an observation.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to next week's episode. The album for Christmas Eve was posted by Kyle in the MUP3's thread, have fun Steve.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Ah, you have a good ear, Ed! Yes I did splice together two versions of When the River Meets the Sea. The fist two verses were taken from Ma and Emmet's version sung early on, and then we went to the version at the end with all the harmonies. I just think it's neat hearing everybody come in together at that point. As wendell might say, "Peacy keen!".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought so. BTW: There's a batch of number 20 cookies for you if you can identify the reference to both Rods & Monsters and the Shrimpin' Ain't Easy. Will check back to see if your guesses are correct. :search:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Nice show Steve. did you enjoy those German Muppet clips?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't know Will Lee had been blacklisted, that's great that Sesame Street gave him such a great opportunity. :smile: