The MuppetCast - Show #91 - Down By The River

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Man, it feels good to be back! The MuppetCast is back and better than ever this week with an all-new episode. My two special guests include Kevin K. (who's also a member of the Muppet Central Forums), and Van from the Netcot podcast.

Lots going on in the Muppet world and web, and because the holiday episodes took up so much time I regrettably didn't a chance to cover all the listener feedback as it came in. So we're playing a bit of catch-up this week, with some very insightful thoughts from listeners!

Next week I'll be continuing the series started last year looking at the Jim Henson Hour. I know, took me long enough right? Hehe...well one of my goals is to keep this series afloat, since this show was never formally released on video. It's nice to relive a lot of those moments.

There's a hidden connection with the three songs in the Muppet Montage at the end of this show...can you figure it out?

Thanks for listening and keeping me in the studio in 2008! I look forward to the adventures that 2009 will bring us.

Your thoughts below!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
By the way, changes are also coming to MuppetCast.com in the coming weeks. You might have noticed some minor changes already. I hope you'll like what I have in store :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve. Caught up with the last three episodes, I'll probably send you an email with some thoughts. But as to the montage... They all connect with your Christmas Vacation? Hopefully you didn't tumble down Holiday Road though.
Catch Me Some Blues, fishing.
Grandma's Feather Bed, John Denver version, staying at your parents at their home in the country or desert.
Follow The Road, your hiking in the Nevada mountains or perhaps gettin' some kicks on Route 66.

If not, at least it's a guess. Take care buddy.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Those are really good guesses on the montage, but no. I'll give you a hint: it has to do with one of the guests this week.

The Narrator

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to download these. I'll be adding them to my iPod for listening on the way home tonight. I'm looking forward to it and I'll post my thoughts tomorrow! :smile:

The Narrator

Reaction score
So, after years of avoiding the podcast world, I now found a podcast that I want to subscribe to. Frankly, I don't know what more needs to be said. Good stuff in there, Steve!

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Excellent show as usual, Steve. I'm glad you've got me hooked!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Thanks guys! After talking with Kevin I'm really looking forward to seeing Mr. Spinney speak in person at WPU in a few weeks. Has anyone else gotten tickets to that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, check out the SST 40th Anniversary thread in the Sesame Appearances. There will be a nice MC contingent at WPU. Unfortunately, I won't be going though. But I rully look forward to hear from everybody who does go to the SST event. :smile:

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Thanks guys! After talking with Kevin I'm really looking forward to seeing Mr. Spinney speak in person at WPU in a few weeks. Has anyone else gotten tickets to that?
I wish... if they ever come to New Orleans, though, I'm there!