The MuppetCast - Show #94 - The Creepy Puppet Project

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I'm very excited to bring puppeteer Matt Ficner on this week to talk about his unique approach to puppet film projects. Matt is a Canadian puppeteer who's certainly made the rounds working for people like Noreen Young and Brian Henson - and doing the typical kind of children's productions that often go hand-in-hand with puppetry - but Matt's true passion lies in the Sci-Fi and Horror projects that swim around in his brain and eventually find their way to video. Matt has a lot of experience working in many different puppet situations, and budding puppeteers should listen close to what he says in our interview.

I'm also very happy to bring back the Muppet List! Listener Wayne Cordova (of Radio Wayne fame) drops in to talk about those two old guys in the balcony, Statler & Waldorf. I always wondered why they were up in the balcony instead of the audience. No doubt they paid more for those seats. I know why they're up there in MuppetVision 3D: they're bolted to the floor!

Are you going to be in New Jersey this weekend for "Sesame Street at 40"? Me too! Interested in meeting up somewheres? Me too! Call the normal MuppetCast phone number at 614-364-4270, which will go directly to my cell phone starting Thursday, and we'll figure out a Muppet Central meeting place.

Lots coming up in future weeks, in fact I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage it all. There's the NJ trip this weekend, which lasts just over 24 hrs (flying there, then flying right back to OH). Then four days later we leave for a six-day trip to Orlando, FL for WDW and Jim Henson's Fantastic World. I promise there will be weekly shows in there somewhere. Where and how they get recorded will be very interesting though :smile:

Have a good one!