1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppets and YouTube.com

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Super Scooter, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

"National Rubber Duckie Day" is this week and I guess they filmed a few celebrity versions of the song for the occasion. They had celebs film short bits for the "Love to Learn" months, so these seem to be in the same vein.

2. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

From Joe Dante's Trailers from **** youtube channel:

3. MuppetDanny

Check out this rare promo (7m:30sec in) ;):

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

A really neat find Danny. I love Fozzie's line. "Actually he's begging."

5. MuppetDanny

6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Ironically, I'd found that video just yesterday. Didn't want to post it because I had a vague memory of it showing up earlier in the thread - more specifically a version used to promote a GMC airing on HBO not too long after its theatrical run.

TV trailers generally aren't far off from theatricals - just shorter. I'm willing to bet this was all used in the theatrical trailer that I've been trying so hard to track down!

7. MuppetDanny

Here's some gems:

1989?:

and:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Second one is dutch :)

9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here are some fun recent appearances: , , , ,

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

A week's worth of Muppet appearances on The Michael Douglas Show from 1966:

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  11. Erine81981

Holey Doughnut!!! Thanks for finding them Pig's Laundry!!! Now I can't wait to download these and make them into DVDs!!!

12. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Here's a song edit I recently did. Combining both 'Whose Line is it Anyway?' and the Muppets.

13. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I like that! By the way, nice to see you return to this site!

14. Erine81981

Really did enjoy it! Thanks 12Medbe for sharing it. It probably took a long time to find all those words to do this. I would love to do this but I just couldn't do it for the whole song which I saw you didn't but still great.

15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Last year, Rick Lyon said on Facebook that he performed Kermit in a foreign commercial, which I think is this one. Shortly afterwards he posted a photo of himself with Kermit in that outfit. He said that Jim Henson didn't perform Kermit in that because the vocals were going to be dubbed in another language anyway, and around that time Lyon was often asked to perform Kermit when Jim was unable to.

MuppetDanny likes this.
  16. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Appreciate that! Took about a week to do; and was basing it off of the 2011 Movie Version.

Thank you! It's nice to be back!

17. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Gabriel Valez uploaded some highlights from the controversial puppetry workshop that Disney held in 2005 to find alternate performers for the classic Muppet characters:

If you ask me, I think Artie actually makes a pretty good Kermit, the voice is a little off, but i'm sure that would improve over time.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I think Fozzie Kermit and Gonzos alternate actually sound pretty close but Piggy was off to me

20. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member