The Muppets Do Dr. Seuss

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Yes, I know about "Wubbulous World" (I could just picture Mokey Fraggle and Sal Manila in the control room at odds during that one--Kathryn and Brian co-directed). But a while ago, I came up with the concept of Gonzo showing off his directorial skills by putting on avant-garde interpretations of Dr. Seuss classics.

The skit would involve him directing and starring in a production of "Fox In Socks" (the "fox in socks" in question being Janice in a pair of rainbow socks). During this production, poor Clifford is tormented by Floyd, Gonzo, and various others (culminating with Strangepork's reading of the 'tweetle-beetle' monologue)...and the end result would be the cast of the production turning into an angry lynch mob and Gonzo running for his life.

And during this skit, these words from Statler and Waldorf:

Waldorf: "Do you hear that, I hear a sound! Like somone rumbling in the ground!"

Statler: "That rumbling sound is Dr. Seuss, he hates that his work's gone this loose!"

Waldorf: "But he is dead!"

Statler: "Yes, he is so, he died in '91, you know."

Waldorf: "So where does he turn?"

Statler: "Inside his grave, inside his grave he'll rant and rave."

Waldorf: "So in his grave, poor Seuss will spin, the grave's the thing he's spinning in. How do you know?"

Statler: "I don't quite know. Let's end this with a..."

Both: "DOHHHHHHH HO HO..."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sounds like what they'd say if they saw any of those 2 movies....