The Muppets Kitchen is up for a Webby Award!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Yes, you heard me correctly! The Disney comedy web series, The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora, is up for a Webby Award! And, even though they have a some competition, the Muppets have got a secret weapon: a frankfurter chasing Beaker!

Here's the link to where you can vote: http://webby.aol.com/media_types/online-film-and-video?focused_on_category=902#cat_id_902

And here's where you can here ToughPigs' thoughts on the nomination: http://www.toughpigs.com/muppets-kitchen-webby/

Now three cheers for the Webbys! Yaaaayyyy!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow how many years in a row have the Muppets been up for a webby?

beakerboy12

Reaction score
In a row, two. But they've been nominated for a Webby Award for 4 years (2005, 2007, 2009, and 2010), 5 if you include this year. And if they win this one, The Muppets will have won 5 awards!

Drtooth

Reaction score
What was the last Muppet viral? That really should have been nominated as well. I'm happy for them, but I doubt it's gonna win. The Cooking show was fun, but uneven in places... it needed more gestation time, and there really seems to be no more new episodes after the second round.

I REALLY hope they go back to virals as soon as possible before the movie.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think Popcorn, the most recent viral, shouldn't gotten nominated. It was fun and a great number! Either way, it's cool that they were nominated!

Drtooth

Reaction score
We've seen Beaker's ballad, Stand By Me, and American Woman too... those would have qualified too, right? I'm disappointed none of those (or Popcorn) didn't get any nods this time out... especially since they're vastly superior to Muppet Kitchen.

I mean, these are some of the ONLY legal YT videos I even give a rat's fez about... Keyboard kitty, conversing baby twins... I couldn't catch a cold from that crap. Funny or Die I only really watch when I like the comedian or actor they're focusing on (LOVED PeeWee's send up of the iPad... that should win something just for sticking it to Steve Jobs and tech geeks).

beakerboy12

Reaction score
So, I just looked at the Webby website, and it seems that the Muppets have lost, unfortunately... But there's always next year!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't say it's a big surprise. I still think the WRONG Muppet project was up against some stiff competition. Plus, it comes across that Muppet Studios really didn't want it. The past 2 years, they made special "for your consideration" videos. Who can forget Animal calling up MAMA? The hype helped them out quite a bit the last 2 times. It was BIG news and the site was jumping. This one was so under the radar, we forgot when the Webbies even were! At least I did.

Again, any of the OTHER virals they had SHOULD have gotten a nod, especially over an uneven project like Muppet Kitchen. Sure, they weren't quite as huge as Bohemian Rhapsody, but they were a little more fun than Beaker's Ode to Joy (but that was a test the waters deal). It's a shame there haven't been any virals for a while, and I guess the movie filming got in the way (I question the lack of a production vlog... such wasted potential there). Hopefully, they'll start these back up and they'll win or at least get nominated for something worthy next time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still say that Muppets Kitchen was an uneven mess with the rather pedestrian talent of Cat and Angelo squeezing out better-loved Muppet veterans. While I respect how they attempted to make the recipes the stars of the show, it still should have been more Muppets than Kitchen. That's the Muppet way. They have better plans in store so that's what I'm focusing on now. :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't even go as far to give it the credit to say it was uneven... it was unfocused is what it was. It seems like they really didn't know what they wanted out of the show, and they didn't even make enough episodes to improve on it the further they went along. They didn't even really cook, so I'm wondering why she needed her own character assistant anyway, when Kermit would have done nicely as a host. All I could picture with the Swedish Chef, and even in the best circumstances is just him nodding and repeating stuff in gibberish. Basically a completely lobotomized performance by him anyway.

Still think it would have at LEAST have been funny if Angelo and Chef had a rivalry.