The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

ploobis

Reaction score
BTW, I've now gotten use to Gonzo's new look. :concern:

beaker

Reaction score
Wow. This is actually happening now then, right?
Given this was Disney D20 announced and not Henson announced, I definitely knew this was going to come to fruition...just had totally forgotten about it.

I totally thought this was canned! Hooray!

EDIT: Just watched the preview, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why they wouldn't use the Swedish Chef...I guess so they can make more episodes without having to have the puppeteer there constantly, available to do other shows? Who knows. Kind of a bad move, in my opinion, though... :frown:

We have multiple pig females ,We have multiple chickens, multiple rats, multiple frogs...why not two chefs?

My thought is that they needed a more articulate chef character to pair with Cat and maybe this new chef will be a relative, but I'm not wild about the design and think they could have done better than this anything Muppet version of the Swedish Chef, but Muppets are known to evolve and he could have one heck of a personality and perfomer to make him distinct. :hungry:
He does look like a puppet from a "Muppet like" puppet show or foreign puppet; and not quite signature Muppet.

beaker

Reaction score
Here is a preview video from the Muppets Studio youtube channel;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6zeyE7kcpE
Aw, I dig the Italian thing, which makes sense. Though is it me or do human hands seem off with him? Just seems like he'd look better with the covered hands than the traditional Chef human hands.

Also, what the heck is up with Gonzo? Gonzo looks PERFECT in the Muppets.com sketches; but here...I dunno, something is off. He looks like his eyes are too close or like one of those Muppet posers replica pieces.

Hmmm... yeah, it is hard to tell with a 30 second clip with someone basically saying 2 lines. The character could be a LOT better than what we're seeing here. From what I can guess, they wanted someone who's also a straight man for whatever wacky Muppet surprises could pop up. He could just as easily be as insane as most of the others. I could easily see him apologetically screwing things up and getting easily frazzled.

When you think about it, the Swedish Chef is a little on the nose. And he's been the focus of a LOT of these virals. But he is a very integral character to the Muppet Brand. And who's to say he won't show up at a later date?

All and all, this is a wait and see thing, because... well... there's so little to go on with a 30 second trailer. Angelo may be a terrible character, or a very good one. We just can't be sure until we see the final, full length project.
The main reason for the new Chef(to me which is obvious) is someone who can converse with Cora. Swedish Chef, like Beaker, talks in his own gibberish. That just wouldnt work in the least for
the format of the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Given this was Disney D20 announced and not Henson announced, I definitely knew this was going to come to fruition...just had totally forgotten about it.
Well, some of the stuff they announced came out right away... some of it is either still in development or I dunno what happened to it. Like the iPhone stuff... though, frankly, I could give a crap about iPhone stuff. And I'm guessing either the Season 4 DVD hit a snag or they're doing something with it's release...

The main reason for the new Chef(to me which is obvious) is someone who can converse with Cora. Swedish Chef, like Beaker, talks in his own gibberish. That just wouldnt work in the least for
the format of the show.
That too... that too. But I wouldn't doubt that the Swedish Chef will make an appearance at some point.

zns

Reaction score
BTW, I've now gotten use to Gonzo's new look.
I actually like the way he looks now. He doesn't seem as small as he originally was. But either way, he's still one of my favorite characters, and I couldn't love him any less. :concern::concern::concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm not going to say ethier way on this before i see an actual show.

Mupp

Reaction score
Also, what the heck is up with Gonzo? Gonzo looks PERFECT in the Muppets.com sketches; but here...I dunno, something is off.
His lower jaw has a sightly different shape.

Nick22

Reaction score
i rully hope this angelo character doesn't turn out to be too bad. and i'm guessing that the only reason they used him rather than the swedish chef is because the swedish chef doesn't exactly speak english. hahaha.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
His lower jaw has a sightly different shape.
And his head is shaped like an a curved triangle with rounded edges... or something of that sort.

Plus his nose is more plump. :concern::smile: