The Muppets may be in trouble. :-/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
1. No one realisitically thought it would beat Twilight. Making it to #2 and beating the CGI films is an accomplishment.

2. The whole point of the movie is that the Muppets didn't reach their goal, but the important thing is that they tried and still had fans. The same applies in real life. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think Heralde's right with this one. I don't think it was ever considered to be in competition with Breaking Dawn Part 1; the competition was Arthur Christmas and Hugo. Since it outperformed the family films, I'd say that's a success for Disney and the Muppets. Plus, I believe that it's already grossed more than what it cost to make the movie, which is another relative indicator of success.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's already broke even, has critical acclaim and is the number 2 movie out there. I don't think there's anything to worry about yet.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
You're right, you're right. I don't want to be negative about it. I just want to Muppets to kick some arse. Gah, I hate Twilight. What a horrible mess of a series.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You're right, you're right. I don't want to be negative about it. I just want to Muppets to kick some arse. Gah, I hate Twilight. What a horrible mess of a series.
It's OK, I hope I didn't sound too harsh or anything. I'm usually the negative one, lol.

I understand, a great many people would love for Twilight to disappear. And I assure you it will when the movies are over and all the special editions DVD footage is spent. It will be relegated to occasional airings on TNT and a couple pathetic fan fictions. It happens with every major movie franchise, it's just that everyone think they're the exception, lol. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This news was released 4:55 Eastern... there's still more showings to go. Tomorrow morning will be a better measurement.

Still, considering last weekend WAS going to be where it made the bulk of its money, being a vacation week and a 4 day weekend and also considering it did just 5 million under Twiblight, that's not bad. The true competition is and always was the 3 other kid's movies released in a 2 week period. 2 of which came out the same day.

This movie brought back the fire and passion, and stores are starting to sell lots of Muppet merchandise (even older DVD releases), and it brought them back in the public eye. It set out what it had to do, even made its budget back in just under a week. And that's domestically.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's also the #1 reviewed movie of the year - something that counts for a whole lot.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm going to it tonight and I manage to convince a friend to come along too! My roommate works at the movie theater we're going to and usually he lets me into films for free, but for this one I'm going to tell him no. I want every cent to count for The Muppets. :smile: