1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

"The Muppets" Read-Along Storybook and CD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Has anyone here got this yet?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Muppets-Read-Along-Storybook-CD/dp/1423133374/

Since it comes with a CD with scenes from the movie, it will be interesting to hear from a fan's perspective. Maybe it will include a different audio mix than the actual film (or even a mention of a deleted scene.)

If anyone gets this, please let us know your thoughts.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm shocked they still make these. That IS old school. I loved my old book and records and book and tapes... I played those tapes till all I had left was the book. I just didn't think they made these anymore. Last time I saw these things were when Lilo and Stitch was released. My sister had that one.

I know they're only doing movies, but if they did a CD and Book version of "Green and Bear it" I'd pick that up in a second.

I can't recall if the MTM book and record had references to deleted or shortened scenes. I know I had a Roger Rabbit cassette that had the painted pig head scene. And I have a George of the Jungle picture book that has the deleted dream sequence.

3. Phillip

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i might pick it up this week but im not sure

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm very curious to hear who's the narrator for this release. Corey Burton usually does stuff like that, but I haven't seen one of these in ages since the Lilo and Stitch release I mentioned before.

I wish the Amazon page had a short preview sample of the audio.

6. Phillip

Here's one more bump... If anyone has picked up "The Muppets" read-along book and CD, please let us know what you think about this release.

Maybe it includes a different audio mix than the actual film (or even a mention of a deleted scene.)

7. darthcello

darthcello New Member

I got this at Fred Meyers about a month ago. It is totally old school with the same chime sounds to turn the page. Really takes you back.

The total time is 13:01. It does feature actual dialogue bits and Walter's whistling song from the movie. It has all of the highlights from the movie, just seriously abridged.

The narrator is: David Jeremiah. It also lists the Muppet performers/voices in the credits on the inside cover, which I thought was cool. Unless I missed something, I think the dialogue, etc. is exactly from the movie--no deleted scenes, alternative takes.

Cindy likes this.
  8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Cool! I might want to buy this!:)