"The Muppets" What were you half expecting

zoebell

Reaction score
i guess i wasn't really expecting it, but do you think they'll ever have kermit actually say he loves miss piggy? or is that just too much or something?

i miss you and need you seems to be the most he can muster

muppet maniac

Reaction score
One thing I was kind of expecting was when the Muppets were going around trying to pitch their telethon, one of the things they'd do is sing a "cool island song" to melt the network executives' icy hearts, all of them wearing funky fruit hats.

(referencing the "Free Hat" episode of South Park. :wink: :zany:)

But seriously, I was thinking that, from what I've read of a review of one of the early drafts by someone at Aintitcoolnews, the film would open with two (humanoid) Muppet executives introducing the film, explaining that the movie was intended to bring the Muppets back for a new generation. I agree with the person that this opening would not have made any sense had they gone with it (because as we all know, it's not like the Muppets needed to be brought back, as they've been active for the past 2 decades), but then I thought, if they decided to start the film this way, would they use Leo and Grump as the executives?

I was also expecting that, during the flashback to Tex's 10th birthday party, had it remained intact, we'd see Kermit, Rowlf, and a whole bunch of other 60s-early 70s era Muppets like Beautiful Day Monster, Thog, Snerfs, Tamenilla, Yorick, Wilkins and Wontkins, Southern Colonel.....heck, even a Sesame Street character or two (or four, or five...but for legal reasons, they'd have to be blurred out, yet still easy to recognize)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it... I wonder.

If anyone remembers the huge movie display with the large, clean, mansion with all the Muppets and Jason and Amy on it

This one...

I wonder if that had anything to do with the earlier drafts of the movie, or if they intended to have Gary and Mary move to California to be closer to the Muppets.

So I guess I was kind of expecting something like that to happen, or some scene that took place in this sort of place.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Maybe Walter buys it with the money he makes form his whistling skills... on a similar note. Isn't there somehting in the books about what Walter and Gary do for living...I don't know I get this feeling that that was suppossed to be more important somehow.