The music in my head...

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
from time to time i hear this snippet of music in my head (today being one of those times) that im sure came from sesame street. i can picture one or two islanders playing those big steel drums that were hanging around their necks, and this funky tune plays..its as clear as a bell in my head. i havent seen or heard it for such a long time...does anyone remember if this was sesame street?

Hays

Reaction score
Do you mean "One bannana, two bannana, one for me and one for you bannana..."

I think the title is "Bannanas Don't Grow Alone" it's on the "Sing Yourself Silly" video.

Hays

Reaction score
Were they people, muppets, or animation?

Splurge

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
from time to time i hear this snippet of music in my head (today being one of those times) that im sure came from sesame street. i can picture one or two islanders playing those big steel drums that were hanging around their necks, and this funky tune plays..its as clear as a bell in my head. i havent seen or heard it for such a long time...does anyone remember if this was sesame street?

Was this a live action film? I'm wondering whether this wasn't about rhythm.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
yep, live action...i wish i could hum the tune for you all!
maybe it was something about rhythm, although i cant remember any words to go with it...argh..

:sing:

Splurge

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
yep, live action...i wish i could hum the tune for you all!
maybe it was something about rhythm, although i cant remember any words to go with it...argh..

:sing:
The description almost sounds like a film where one adult was discussing different rhythms while walking on a beach with two kids, then while they are later riding in a horse-drawn carriage, the adult started playing to steel drum to the beat of the horse's clip-clopping.

Am I closer?

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Splurge said:
The description almost sounds like a film where one adult was discussing different rhythms while walking on a beach with two kids, then while they are later riding in a horse-drawn carriage, the adult started playing to steel drum to the beat of the horse's clip-clopping.

Am I closer?
THAT'S IT THAT'S IT!!!!!!
*delerious happy smiles* i remember it all now, it was one of my favourite bits, id always get totally excited when i saw it..
thanks splurge.

:excited: :sing:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
THAT'S IT THAT'S IT!!!!!!
*delerious happy smiles* i remember it all now, it was one of my favourite bits, id always get totally excited when i saw it..
thanks splurge.

:excited: :sing:
Wow! Haven't seen that one in ages, but it was one of my faves too!

later
eric

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i wonder what the guy driving the horse wagon thought the the drummers? it would be funny if he got annoyed saying. willl you cut that out!!!!!!!!!?