The name of the maroon monster is...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... It's good we finally know his real name. He was somewhat refered to as "FilFil" on set because he was designed after the character known as Filfil from Sesame Street's Egyptian co-production.
But now we know his name's Murray, good to have him join the rest of the family.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I didn't know that called him that on then set. But I knew he had to have a different name, because I didn't think he would have the same name as Filfil did!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ha! That's pretty funny TJH! I actually think he's pretty cute! And Joey gives him such a soft and sweet voice, too. Usually him characters are kind of loud and/or abrasive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't we also call him "Joey Monster" for a while. This is indeed good to know, since It was bugging the heck out of us!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Cool! He's that little dude from the Macy's float a couple years ago right? I've always loved his look from the first time I saw him. Great that he'll be a permanent part of the cast, he fits right in of course!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Though that was partly because of me.
When he first appeared as a new character, you know he had to be added to my Muppet Listings. But because noone knew/had a name for him, I decided to denote him as "Joey Monster" because: (a) he was a monster, and (b) he was performed/voiced by Joey Mazzarino.
Later, thanks to my invaluable sources, it was made known to me that Muppet Wikia had added him to their Muppet Character indicies under the name of "FilFil" because: (a) this unnamed monster was built similarly designwise to Filfil from SST Egypt, and (b) that's how the cast of Sesame Street refered to the character on the SST set.
Now, thanks to Muppet Wikia's diligence, we know that he will have his name definitely revealed as "Murray Monster" in new Word of the Day segments in Season 38.

So I thank Muppet Wikia for all their hard work on getting us the info to solve one of our long-standing Sesame Street character mysteries.
Hope this helps explain things.

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh wow so this has been three years in the makeing wow that is interesting hmmmmmmmmm .

He does kind of scarry i have to admit that he he .
I sure hope that they keep roseta is is just to cute he he i love her they might work good together .

We will just have to see i guess .
i really love roseta i hope that i spelled her name right !:smile: