The Neverending Story

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya.I've thought of making Neverending Story a thread for awhile.I'd like to see who at MC,has any opinions,favorite quotes,favorite characters,favorite scenes from any of the movies.Has anyone read the book by Michael Ende(softcover in regular black ink with Italics,hardcover in red & green ink)?Thanks for looking & posting! :halo:

Some of my favorite quotes are:

-The G'mork speech to Atreyu(to graphic to quote on MC)

-The video arcade is down the street. Here we just sell small rectangular objects. They're called books. They require a little effort on your part, and make no bee-bee-bee-bee-beeps. On your way please.

Bastian:How many wishes do I get?
The Childlike Empress: As many as you want. And the more wishes you make, the more magnificent Fantasia will become.
Bastian: Really?
The Childlike Empress: Try it.
Bastian: Then my first wish is...

Bastian's Father: Your teacher said you were drawing horses in your mathbook.
Bastian: Unicorns. They were unicorns.
Bastian's Father: What?
Bastian: Nothing.

Narrator: Bastian made many other wishes, and had many amazing adventures - until he came back to the real world. But that's... another story.

Rock Biter: Mmmmmm. A delicious looking limestone rock.
Night Hob: What is he, a nutcase?
The Tiny: No, he's a Rock Biter.
Night Hob: Oh, a Rock Biter... A ROCK BITER?

Engywook: Next is the Magic Mirror Gate. Atreyu will have to look his true self in the face.
Falcor: So? That shouldn't be so hard.
Engywook: Oh, that's what everyone thinks! But kind people find out that they are cruel. Brave men find out that they are really cowards! Confronted by their true selves, most men run away, screaming!

Areyu:big_grin:o you have a cold? No,we're allergic to youth!

Falcor: Never give up and good luck will find you.

Childlike Empress:<looking into camera>Bastian,why don't you do what you dream,Bastian?!
Bastian:But,I can't I have to keep my feet on the ground!
Childlike Empress:CALL MY NAME!Bastian,please,save us!
Bastian:Alright,I'll do it,I'll save you!I will do as I dream!

Nighthob:Nobody gives a hoot about me and my stupid bat!

-Dialogue between Empress & Atreyu at end of movie.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
GREAT movie. Too bad the sequels don't live up to the original.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I highly agree CD.I couldn't get into the 3rd one & Jonathan Brandis(may he rest in peace),tried his best with the script on the 2nd one.The 2nd movie's plot could have been so much stronger and made a lot more sense,then just taking away Bastian's memories<what?>.I was also disappointed Noah Hathaway didn't return as Atreyu.And where did the baby Rockbiter come from? ****

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
The movie is a part of my childhood...It is a great comfort in a stressful week..the only thing that gets on my nerves is that the puppetry seems to be off at times of the lip sycnh especially with Falcor and the wolf..but I love the Rock Biter...my favorite part is actually with the scientist and his wife how they argue back and forth but you can tell they do that out of love..

"Wait I want to see...I made it"-scientist....right I would have said the same thing!

I agree about the sequels...they did not live up to my expectations they pretty much went down hill following the first one.

-Sandee :smile:

frogturtle

Reaction score
Yeah, the movies were good, but I like the book a lot better. It is so much more realistic. There are also a lot more parts that weren't included in the movies. That book is the best book ever. There is so much detail, but also a lot left out for your imagination to take over. My favorite parts are when Bastian was in the attic and not yet into the story completely. When he becomes a character, he seems different, he changes. The parts I do like in that half of the book are when there is nothing and he starts creating, when he's in the Painted Desert, and in the arc thing (I forget what it is called). I didn't know there was a hardcover version with different color ink. That would be fun to read. I really like that book.
Valerie

Phantom

Reaction score
But isn't the title a misnomer...if is wasn't then wouldn't I still be at the theater?

goblinqueen

Reaction score
HI! :smile: I am new here so this is my first post. I read the book a long time ago and I love the movie but the second and third parts just weren't good if you ask me.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
LOL, Phantom!

Welcome to MC, GoblinQueen! And I agree with your assessment of the movies. :smile: