The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this whole "Asking for a friend" fad on social media like Facebook and Twitter is getting kind of ridiculous?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like we've gotten to a point where we're overusing (and misusing) the word "toxic" to describe that we don't like or perceive as being negative? I'm not even really talking about the whole "toxic masculinity" controversy that's been going around as of late, but like if we're talking about certain people who have a negative influence on us, we call them "toxic people"; or, if certain people have certain opinions that don't align with our own opinions or views, we say they have "toxic mentality"; or even if certain places or even websites (like social media sites) that we frequent have some bad seeds that are spoiling things, we say these places have a "toxic environment." I mean, it's almost like "toxic noun/adverb/adjective" is starting to become the new "snowflake" or "SJW" or "agree to disagree."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Eh, I’m guilty of saying toxic people myself.

And when you really think about it, they are. Just recently, I cut ties with a friend I was close with for 10 years because of how racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, immature, and self-entitled he was. (I barely felt comfortable coming into his house anymore).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I totally understand that, and you do have a point, but what I mean is it seems like we've reached a point where if we don't like or disagree with someone or something, we just label them "toxic."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can understand that.

Though if I had to be honest on that, I feel like “racist” is a more common word thrown on people now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Such as when people throw out "racist," when, in fact, the actual word they otherwise mean to use would be "stereotypical."

Not that that's any better, but that's more accurate anyway.

Any Del

Reaction score
It all depends on which location makes the Little Caesar pizzas. My location makes their pizzas so well it tastes like putter with chocolate mixed together.

Any Del

Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes a pizza that's greasy?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, I do like a greasy burger, but not to the point that the whole thing is literally just dripping grease to the point that the bun is completely soaked, and there is a local burger joint on my town that's guilty of this.