1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The New Movie: The Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Psammeadboi, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Slightly on topic, I hate when a stalled franchise finally makes a movie, everyone looks great forward to it, they talk endlessly about it on chatrooms and buy all the merchandise on the day it comes out, then they see the movie and AUTOMATICALLY it sucks because it isn't EXACTLY like the greatest one in the franchise. And they NEVER let it go. And half the time the fans EGG them on to make the movie when every little rumor pops up.

So what would it be? A sequel to a classic movie franchise that isn't quite as good as the originals but still relatively decent, or sitting on their thumbs whining that there ISN'T a sequel? Really, IF Ghostbusters 3 gets off the ground, they're gonna complain that it's been made, if it doesn't, they'll whine that it doesn't.
  2. heralde Well-Known Member

Well I'll grant that perhaps fans should realize that an attempt to do a new film for any franchise, so many years later, is hit and miss at best. It's nice to imagine the perfect film comeback, but it's a lot more difficult than it sounds. ;)
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm specifically talking about fans who WANT those movies. There are quite a bit that find the movies speak for themselves with no sequel, prequel, or whatever. There are a lot of them that just ignore new films because they already feel it just won't be the same.

I mean the ones that get super duper excited about something and have high hopes to whatever fan fic idea the movie's going to have and be completely disappointed by them.

That said, the WORST ones are from franchises that aren't controlled by the same directors and writers. And the worst of the worst are sequels where in the original concept, be it a book or a comic book or whatever and they completely ignore it to make something kiddy and terrible. I'm looking at YOU, Son of the Mask, Jungle Book 2.
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

Secret of NIMH 2. ;)
  5. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Well at least MGM wasn't dumb enough to give that insane movie a theatrical release. I don't think I'd be able to bear Eric Idle as evil Martin on a big movie screen in surround sound... I can barely stand it in the Nostalgia Critic's review! :)
  6. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I dug the video game. That was good enough for me. :)
  7. beaker Well-Known Member

Shia seems like a very kind, likeable fellow. I love how he openly dissed on TFROTF(or "Bayformers 2") and Indy 4. I almost wanted to walk out of both, and it's nice to hear him speak his mind.

Like everyone else, I'd love a third Ghostbusters. I mean if they can make a new Tron film after 3 decades, I guess anything is possible. Though for now, the closest we'll get is that scene from Zombieland.

I used to dislike the "new team" concept, but I could groove with a new sort of ghostbusters. Maybe Zach Gallifawhatshisname, Jack Black, Seth Rogen and Kal Penn. Or Ed Helms.
  8. beaker Well-Known Member

Interesting...seems like filming just began, but I forgot that this is a non cg filled film that started principal in November. So that sounds about right. Aside from some additional pickups, that sounds accurate. I'd probably go see a movie just to see the teaser for it:)
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, then everyone's gonna say how much it sucked after egging them on. I've seen it too many times. Same deal with Tron 2. Really. You either WANT the sequels or you don't.
  10. Puckrox Well-Known Member

I don't mind the idea of the new team quite as much, so long as Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray, and Hudson are there (along with Potts and Weaver). As for the new team, I'd love to see Ed Helms and Zach Galifinakis too. And Bill Hader (man doesn't get enough credit). And, y'know what? If they bring in a new team, I'd love it if there were a, hmmm, I dunno, female ghostbuster? I think that'd be pretty awesome.
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Murray refuses to do it. I LOVE Bill Murray, but he's in his insufferable "I'm an artist that's so artistic that i don't even have to do anything anymore" phase.

I just wanted them to do the animated movie they planned on... and if they can't get the guys from the movie, call up Maurice LaMarche, Frank Welker, Dave Coulier, and Arsenio Hall (or that other guy) and do it with them.

I don't want to play a video game I'd probably suck at to see a sequel.
  12. Puckrox Well-Known Member

Really? I thought Murray had officially signed on to do the movie. Everyone made a big deal about it because he had held off for so long (because he "hates" sequels).
  13. TSSD Active Member

Technicaly, he hasn't refused... He just hasn't read the script. That he has. And has had. For at least a month or two. :p
  14. heralde Well-Known Member

Well on the other hand, it's also annoying when truly good actors waste their talent on crappy films. Happens more times than I can comprehend!

Not specifically talking about a Ghostbusters movie, just saying. ;)
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

HEY! Wait a second! This wasn't written by the Cohen Brothers! :mad:
  16. heralde Well-Known Member

Ah OK, well that says something right there, hehe.
  17. Puckrox Well-Known Member

I love the Cohen Brothers. :D
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Rest assured you never heard Murray's plea that he felt "horrible" that he did Garfield, because he only did it because he THOUGHT it was written by one of the Cohen brothers. SURE you did. Like there aren't a whole lot of writers named Cohen in Hollywood. :rolleyes:

Of course, he was probably the only one in those movies what did a decent job.
  19. Gorgon Heap Active Member

Can someone direct me to this list of the minor characters who are in, monsters in particular? For instance, I read the original draft and didn't see Uncle Deadly in it anywhere.

*crosses fingers for Thog*

*and the Mutations*

*and just about all the other monsters*

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  20. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Aye, but there's the rub. You read the *original* draft - and movies always change between first to final draft and finished edit! Especially in a case like this where the main author is a freelance outsider so you saw the script before it was passed though the people at Disney and Muppets Studio and before they found a director who was even more a Muppet Freak than the authors! You're right - Deadly was not in the original draft. Jason mentioned in an interview several months back (which got everyone excited) about how director Bobin knew all this Muppet trivia and characters that even he didn't and cited as an example where at one point in reading the script, Bobin mentioned, "You know, this would be a perfect place for Uncle Deadly". We all thought it was great that Deadly would be in the movie and were expecting it to be a single line or something but after shooting photos starting leaking out and Chris Cooper gave an interview talking about his part in the movie, it looks like Deadly's got a more substantial part as his sidekick. (psst...btw, you wouldn't happen to still have a copy of that original draft, do you?)

Why, David - i'm surprised! For years, you've been one of the biggest advocates for rebuilding Thog and you haven't seen that glorious photo of The Muppets filming on Hollywood Blvd with an unmistakable Thog towering over the group? Cross those fingers no more!