The New Oliver! Cast Album

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has got the new Cast Album for the musical Oliver! yet, and if so whether you've heard it.
But it's certainly an interesting one.

Rowan Atkinson is different to Ron Moody, and 'You've Got To Pick A Pocket Or Two' is recognisably him. But to hear his 'Reviewing The Situation' well if one did not know it was him one would not recognise his voice.

It's just great to have Louise Gold on a new album. It's been a while since she's featured on a new recording. She features specifically on two tracks (and probably did backing vocals on a couple more). One one she is funny, and on the other sweet. Which of course is exactly the sort of diversity we expect from her.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Who is Louise Gold playing? I'll try and find a copy of the album. I'd *love* to go and see this one.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well as far as named characters go 9the ones you can hear on the album) she is playing Mrs Sowerberry, and, Mrs Bedwin.

However, in the show itself, as well as those two parts she also has some wonderful bit-parts in the ensemble. If you want the full details (or at least as much as I could spot), check out the following review: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Oliver_Review.htm

Best Wishes
Emma