1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New Weekly Survey Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Sep 24, 2016.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

1. Of course, it's one of my favorite holidays.
    2. You mean as in Halloween-exclusive candy? That I'm not sure.
    3. I'm not sure if YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN actually counts as a Halloween movie, but it's always enjoyable to watch this time of year; as for TV special, you can't go wrong with IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN.
    4. I don't really think I have one that particularly stands out as a favorite.
    5. I've been to a couple, but they were when I was a really little kid, so my memories of both of them are really blurry.
    6. I have a whole playlist of 'em; I'll catch you later on this one.
    7. Low-tier candy for sure.
    8. No.
    9. No.
    10. There was one year where I had a bunch of specific Halloween songs stuck in my head such as "Werewolves of London," "Here Comes the Bride of Frankenstein," and especially "Vampire Girl."

2. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

1. Sure do! I don't go trick-or-treating anymore, though.

2. Candy corn (am I the only one who likes it???), Reese's peanut butter cups, Starbursts, Skittles, Butterfingers, M&M's (the peanut butter ones, specifically), popcorn balls (they count, right?)

3. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, The Day the World Got Really Screwed Up (an episode of Angry Beavers), and Garfield's Halloween Adventure (Thank you for reminding me of that, Erin! I always loved the part when Garfield and Odie kept pulling the masks off only to keep finding another one underneath.)

4. Don't have one.

5. I don't think so. If I did, I was probably very young and I can't remember it.

6. This is Halloween, The Monster Mash

7. Those gross candies like Necco Wafers.

8. Nope.

9. Of course.

10. When my cousin and I were younger (I think I was around 9 and he was around 6), we went to a "Trunk-or-Treat" (which is when people park in a parking lot and give out candy in the trunks of their cars) with my mom and my aunt. Anyway, somebody was playing loud music, which scared my cousin and made him cry. He later calmed down and told us (and these were his exact words), "I didn't like that beat!" The way he put it just cracked us all up. We still laugh about it to this day.

3. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

1. Do you like Halloween? I mean, it's no Walpurgis... Yes I f:scary::scary::scary:ing do.

2. Favorite Halloween candy? Now that's tough. I'm gonna cop-out and say 3 Musketeers, but it's really hard.

3. Favorite Halloween movie or TV special? Pretty much every horror movie ever. I'll probably watch the original Halloween when the day comes.

4. Favorite Halloween costume? IDK.

5. Ever been to a Halloween party? Not really.

6. Favorite Halloween-type song? I have a whole playlist, I can't decide on one song!

7. Least favorite thing to get while Trick or Treating? IDK.

8. Have you ever egged, or toilet papered a house? Nope. I am a law-abiding psychopath citizen.

9. Do you believe in The Great Pumpkin? #MyLordAndSavior

10. Favorite Halloween memory? IDK.

4. D'Snowth

So, since Halloween is over, here's a new survey:

1. What's your name?
    2. Where do you live?
    3. Did you kill George Costanza?
    4. Did you kill George Costanza?
    5. Did you kill George Costanza?
    6. Are you a reptillian?
    7. Is this Jurassic Park?
    8. Did you kill George Costanza?
    9. Define "rarely."
    10. Did you kill George Costanza?

5. Old Thunder

1. What's your name? David.
    2. Where do you live? Virginia.
    3. Did you kill George Costanza? Yes.
    4. Did you kill George Costanza? No.
    5. Did you kill George Costanza? Maybe.
    6. Are you a reptillian? No, thank you very much.
    7. Is this Jurassic Park? Nah.
    8. Did you kill George Costanza? Did I?
    9. Define "rarely." Not often; seldom.
    10. Did you kill George Costanza? The world may never know.

6. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

1 Conor
    2 England
    3 Yes
    4 no
    5 avocado
    6. I'm only reptilian on my dads side
    7 only on Fridays
    8 How did you find out
    9. not a lot
    10 I was at the grocery store when it happened

7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

1. Mikaela
    2. New Hampshire
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No
    6. Nope
    7. Not at all
    8. No
    9. Something here and there, or not often;seldom
    10. I did not kill him.

8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

1. What's your name? Karsten
    2. Where do you live? Somewhere in the south.
    3. Did you kill George Costanza? Maybe.
    4. Did you kill George Costanza? Why do you need to know?
    5. Did you kill George Costanza? That's none of your business. It's just between me and George.
    6. Are you a reptillian? I'm a Caribbean Amphibian.
    7. Is this Jurassic Park? Maybe. The president kind of reminds me of a Jurassic Park villain.
    8. Did you kill George Costanza? Well, he certainly can't tell you.
    9. Define "rarely." YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
    10. Did you kill George Costanza? Alright you broke me! I'll tell you everything I know! Elaine killed Kramer, and then Jerry killed Elaine, and George killed Jerry and married Newman, but that was illegal in the 90s, so they ran away. Newman was tired of hiding, so he decided to turn himself over to the The Po Po, but George wasn't ready to go to jail, so he killed Newman, and paid George Steinbrenner a handsome amount of money to pretend to be him, since they have the same first name, so it's only half lying. And then George Steinbrenner lived the rest of his days in a very hygienic rich people prison, and George Costanza thought he had gotten away with everything, when suddenly, he was walking to his car and he slipped on a stray banana peel, had a bad fall, and...was admitted to the best hospital in town, where he recovered in less than a month. But very soon, he began to regret everything he had done, and he started to feel nostalgic for his old life. So, he went back home, since he was no longer a wanted fugitive, and visited his parents' house for the first time in twenty years. He opened the door to find their bloody, lifeless bodies on the living room floor. George screamed in anguish and anger at the terrible sight, when suddenly, from behind him, his father showed up pointing a gun at him. And George's father was all like, "This has to end right now". And George is all like "Whaaa??? I thought you were dead!!" , and George's father says "No, but your about to be. Those were decoy bodies." He shoots at George one time, but misses. He shoots and misses again. One last fire of the gun hits George in the shoulder. George hunches over and grunts in pain. His father gets ready to finish him with one last blow, when suddenly, George's mother flies though the door wearing a Superman cape. She grabs her son, and they burst through an open window in the apartment. She flies higher, and higher, and higher. George looks at his mom, with tears in his eyes and says, "Ma, you saved me, even after everything i've done." His mom just smiles at him and says "Of course;You're my little boy". Just then, a skyscraper appears, seemingly of of nowhere. George's mother flies *SMACK! straight into it. Unconscious she begins free falling, 1,000 feet to her demise. George tries frantically to wake her up, but it's no use. George closes his eyes and waits for the inevitable. "Oooohh, if only I hadn't killed Newman and Jerry, and Jerry hadn't killed Elaine, and Elaine hadn't killed Kraimer, none of this would've happened." Just than, the army catches glimpse of them. An army general shouts "Old ladies ain't supposed to fly! Shoot 'em down, men!"
    And they did, they shot George and his mother down with their tanks, and guns, and missiles, atomic bombs, harpoons, and bows and arrows. The two smash to the ground in a horrible mess.
    They're both dead now ............................................................................................................ OR ARE THEY??????

The moral of the story is, "old women shouldn't fly". THE END?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    muppetgem, Old Thunder and D'Snowth like this.
  9. Old Thunder

Don't think I didn't notice this reference.

Pig's Laundry and muppetgem like this.
  10. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

1. What's your name?
    Erin

2. Where do you live?
    Washington, DC suburb

3. Did you kill George Costanza?
    I suggest it was Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with the knife

4. Did you kill George Costanza?
    I suggest it was Miss Scarlet in the conservatory with the revolver

5. Did you kill George Costanza?
    I suggest it was Mrs. Peacock in the ballroom with the rope

6. Are you a reptillian?
    No

7. Is this Jurassic Park?
    Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark. All the dinosaurs are running wild. Someone let T-Rex out of his pen. I'm afraid these things my harm me, 'cause they sure don't act like Barney, and they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend. Oh nooooooo . . . . .

8. Did you kill George Costanza?
    I suggest it was Professor Plum in the library with the lead pipe

9. Define "rarely."
    A hamburger with a lot of pink in the middle

10. Did you kill George Costanza?
    I suggest it was Mrs. White in the billiard room with the candlestick

11. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

My turn.

1. Hey, Reggie, is that rhinoceros around?
    2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your pain?
    3. Can you feel the sunshine?
    4. Does it brighten up your day?
    5. Annie, are you okay, so, Annie, are you okay, are you okay, Annie?
    6. Why do we need Sonic Adventure 3?
    7. Why do we need Sonic Heroes 2?
    8. Why do we need a Sonic 2006 sequel?
    9. WHY DO WE NEED ALL THAT?!
    10. Can't you just ask for a 3D environment classic Sonic game, for crying out frickin' loud?!

12. Old Thunder

1. Hey, Reggie, is that rhinoceros around? No.
    2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your pain? 10.
    3. Can you feel the sunshine? No.
    4. Does it brighten up your day? No.
    5. Annie, are you okay, so, Annie, are you okay, are you okay, Annie? No.
    6. Why do we need Sonic Adventure 3? We don't.
    7. Why do we need Sonic Heroes 2? We don't.
    8. Why do we need a Sonic 2006 sequel? We don't.
    9. WHY DO WE NEED ALL THAT?! We don't.
    10. Can't you just ask for a 3D environment classic Sonic game, for crying out frickin' loud?! No.

13. D'Snowth

Let's all talk about the advances in technology and remember what it was like when we were first introduced to some of these thangs:

1. What was the first thing you saw on cable?
    2. What was the first CD you got?
    3. What was the last record you got?
    4. What was the first DVD you got?
    5. What was the last VHS you got?
    6. Do you remember the first thing you did on the internet?
    7. What was the first song you downloaded (legally or illegally)
    8. What was the first YouTube video you ever saw?
    9. What was the first thing you ever streamed?
    10. What's been your favorite advance in technology so far?

14. D'Snowth

1. Cable was already in existence before I was even born, so I don't remember.
    2. Hoku's album. This was back when she was still a thing and her "Another Dumb Blonde" was the biggest hit in music at the time.
    3. I've never bought any records.
    4. Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 1.
    5. I think it was DODGEBALL: A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY.
    6. Embarrassingly, yes, I do: I went to the PBS website and looked at their Teletubbies section.
    7. It was one of the following three: "Hitchin' a Ride" by Vanity Fair, "The Sounds of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel, or "The Word is No" from SST.
    8. I honestly don't remember, but I think it was probably Whose Line clips.
    9. Does watching YouTube videos on a TV screen count as streaming?
    10. Handycams that can shoot full HD video.

15. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

1. What was the first thing you saw on cable?
    -"Pinwheel" on Nickelodeon (we got cable in 1987 when I was five)

2. What was the first CD you got?
    -The soundtrack to "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" (off Broadway version with Gary Burghoff as Charlie Brown) (technically, it was my dad's CD, but my sister and I listened/sang along with it more than he did)

3. What was the last record you got?
    -Well, since I actually have a record player you can plug into the computer to convert to MP3, the last record I got was called "The Hillbilly Bears in Hillbilly Shindig" (it was an old Hanna-Barbera record)

4. What was the first DVD you got?
    -Oh my gosh. It was either "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," or some Disney movie, I can't remember which.

5. What was the last VHS you got?
    -Something that isn't available on DVD, I know that, but I don't remember what it was!

6. Do you remember the first thing you did on the internet?
    -Hang out on Cartoon Network's AOL site

7. What was the first song you downloaded (legally or illegally)
    -I don't remember that at all!

8. What was the first YouTube video you ever saw?
    -I think it was a commercial break from 1984

9. What was the first thing you ever streamed?
    -I don't stream

10. What's been your favorite advance in technology so far?
    -My iPod and my iPhone. I have so many CD's, the iPod allows me to take 2000+ songs anywhere I want to go, and my iPhone lets me take episodes of my favorite TV shows wherever I go, as well.

16. Old Thunder

1. What was the first thing you saw on cable? Um...
    2. What was the first CD you got? The Beatles: 1967 - 1970
    3. What was the last record you got? The Beatles (White Album)
    4. What was the first DVD you got? IDK.
    5. What was the last VHS you got? It was Thomas related.
    6. Do you remember the first thing you did on the internet? IDK.
    7. What was the first song you downloaded (legally or illegally) N/A.
    8. What was the first YouTube video you ever saw? IDK.
    9. What was the first thing you ever streamed? Hmmm...
    10. What's been your favorite advance in technology so far? Muppet Central's headers.

17. Old Thunder

Also, this question is pulling a @gavry3 .

18. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Have a listen to it sometime.

19. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

1. Don't remember...probably a show on Cartoon Network or something.
    2. Music CD? Um...possibly could be King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Ringo & His New All-Starr Band, which we got at Borders.
    3. Nothing.
    4. I think it might've been Toy Story/Toy Story 2 as a two-pack, back in 2002.
    5. "Ernie's Little Lie" for Christmas in 2010.
    6. Apparently, according to my mom, when I was like 5 or 6, I bought these things on Amazon.com, but I don't even remember it. The earliest thing I actually remember is playing on Cartoon Network's website in late 2001/early 2002.
    7. N/A
    8. Jim Henson's "A Count of 10" film in June 2006.
    9. Nothing.
    10. Probably camera storage. It's much easier now to get photos and videos on your computer with memory sticks and SD cards than it was 15 years ago with cassettes and film development. Also the Internet, too.

20. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Let's do a new survey, although this time let's have it be a rock edition. (This one's for you, @LittleJerry92. :))

1. Who is your favorite member of Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem?
    2. Favorite song performed by the above?
    3. Favorite rock song from Sesame Street?
    4. Do you play any rock instruments?
    5. Have you ever played any of the Rock Band video games?
    6. Favorite song(s) by The Beatles?
    7. Favorite song(s) by Pink Floyd?
    8. Favorite song(s) by AC/DC?
    9. Favorite song(s) by The Who?
    10. Favorite song(s) by Aerosmith?