The new What Made You Smile Today thread

captainjlt

Reaction score
An old man with a chess board came up to me and saw I was angry over my bike being stolen and the EPD being useless as always. He started cracking jokes and started to talk to me. Three hours of back and forth jokes and two chess matches later I found myself being invited to a play at the VA. Turns out he was in Nam from 63-67. Went to the play and made a bunch of new chess buddies!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Seeing my friend Jeff's supervisor Tim play some covers of some great songs at a bar last night. He was really good!

My only complaint, however, is some people there were just SUPER obnoxious and I didn't have much breathing room (small bar).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Getting to meet Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff (Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank from Mystery Science Theater 3000)! :big_grin: No picture with them unfortunately, but I got an autograph and just getting to meet them was a wonderful experience! Two very great guys!

Last edited:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
@D'Snowth, you might like this since you're a Rocko's Modern Life fan...

I just won this guy from a claw machine! He's a bit cheap looking, but I still like him. They also had Norbert from Angry Beavers in there, but he was too far towards the front of the machine to reach. Ah well.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
No, it was not free. You have to insert money into claw machines before you can use them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@D'Snowth, you might like this since you're a Rocko's Modern Life fan...

I just won this guy from a claw machine! He's a bit cheap looking, but I still like him. They also had Norbert from Angry Beavers in there, but he was too far towards the front of the machine to reach. Ah well.
:eek:

Where was this? I've never seen Rocko in claw machines before! I'm surprised you even had success with a claw machine!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, it was not free. You have to insert money into claw machines before you can use them.
My bad, wasn't sure if you were using like a prepaid card at an arcade or found this at a grocery store or something and had to spend a few coins (I know some arcades you pay money and swipe cards which I personally consider free if you win using one of those on a claw machine).

Either way, you got it.

Last edited:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
It was at my local Meijer grocery store. They have a claw machine in there near one of the entrances.

It took a few tries for me to get him because those stupid machines are rigged (seriously, I saw a story about this on the news once).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember several, several, several years ago, there was a sizable Grover plush in a claw machine in a grocery store . . . I really wanted him, since I was going through such a Grover kick at the time, but he was crammed down into a corner, which would have been nearly impossible to get him. But oh well. I later was able to get a Gund Grover plush shortly later.

Oh yeah, and curiously enough, at the same store a few years before that (the same chain, different location), there was a Lola from Plaza Sesamo in the claw machine. For whatever reason, this particular chain tends to have Plaza Sesamo products, but usually baby stuff (toys, diapers, the like). And for whatever reason, Big Bird is on the items instead of Abelardo, but they still have Lola and Pancho (albeit as babies).