The next Transformers Cartoon REVEALED!

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's sad that there will be only 39 episodes and a TV movie for RiD, far shorter than Prime's run. I really like that Optimus is now a member of the team again, and I only hope that Arcee, Ratchet, and Bulkhead among others will return as the series comes to a close.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what they get for putting their faith in Cartoon Network. Same run as TFA, I might add, that got screwed the same way.

No promotion? Check. Bad time slot? Double Check. I'm sure the toy sales are hurting as well. Hopefully another Transformers cartoon will come up shortly to replace it. I still don't get why they decided to put this on a non-Hasbro owned network. The Learning Channel crap doesn't even come in until like 4 or 5 PM. Didn't hurt MLP or Rescue Bots. They should have kept it on their network. This show's seeming like a complete wash. Unless they can come to a truncated ending, this is painting a rather negative view of the show for me.

Seriously. They couldn't clear one lousy TTG slot so this could have been at a reasonable hour?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why do they keep making new Transformers shows every time the previous ones ends, I understand that Hasbro needs the toy merchandise but, won't more people watch if there's a longer break in between?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why do they keep making new Transformers shows every time the previous ones ends, I understand that Hasbro needs the toy merchandise but, won't more people watch if there's a longer break in between?
Usually I'd agree, but Combiner Wars is a completely different series for a completely different demographic based on already established sub-brand than RID or Rescue Bots. There have already been comic books, and I'm sure those are inspiring this series. It's more Geewunner friendly than the cartoons for kids, and the toyline reflects that as well.

Transformers is Hasbro's biggest non-licensed original property for boys and the constant flow of cartoons and movies keeps it fresh and relevant. Look how bad things got for G.I. Joe when Renegades was completely screwed over. While it does exist as a retro-collector's toyline (at least 80's retro), it's only media presence is the movies that..eh...just don't make the same money in terms of box office and merchandising. I'm glad Funko has a line of Pop figures at least. Though G.I. Joe is still a long running comic book series. At least the fans get that much.

Now, in terms of this current cartoon, I had a feeling they'd end it this season, just with more episodes, due to TF5 coming out next year, and more importantly TF5 merchandise pushing the TV cartoon based toylines out of those shelves. There will probably be another kid friendly TF cartoon in 2018, but other than that I'm disappointed by the low second season episode count.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Judging by the events of yesterday's episode, I don't think these robots will be in disguise for very long. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I haven't been caught up with this show for the past few episodes, half due to being a little disappointed about it being pretty much over (and to make things worse, the UK CN has been plowing through the episodes), I found out they did make good on one promise made by the producers of bringing TFP characters back...

Soundwave is to appear in one of the last episodes

But kinda disappointed in how this season's been cut for its potential.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. I don't know where this info comes from, and I have severe doubts about this. I got it from the Transformers Wiki and they're usually on the ball about these things. But according to this addition on the Show's page, there will be a second block of 13 episodes come fall, making the count a full season order of 26.

While I'm waiting for some sort of confirmation on that, if this is true, I'm much happier for this season than I was prior. But I'm taking that with a dash of salt and assuming it may not be true.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was awesome seeing Soundwave again, and it's great to know that Laserbeak isn't considered obsolete either. Also really liked seeing the humans being useful and having to fight them off as Bee was stuck in the Shadow Dimension.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm also glad Bee gave a nod to his former Earth team mates who were also stuck in the shadow zone back in TFP. I've been waiting to see more solid links between the shows in this series. Took a while, but I'm glad that we got the Shadowzone and Soundwave back in there.

I've pretty much...well... watched on, since this show has finished its 2nd season in the UK, so I watched up to the second to last episode. Of course, I always look at the TFWikipedia, and the toy line sort of spoils something...

Ratchet has returned to Earth. Where he reveals the new Council really doesn't care much for Team Prime and puts them to blame as much as the Decepticons for what happened on Cybertron, even though Prime sacrificed himself to bring the planet back to life at the end of TFP. This probably explains why Bee was busted down to a cop after being a war hero. Ratchet is in essentially an exile to fight other Decepticons when he landed back on Earth. And he's a deployed now, even though neither of his upcoming toys (a small Legion Class and a larger Warrior class) have that feature.

On the other side of things, TF Rescue Bots just had it's 2 part season 4 premiere. Three years supposedly passed and Chief Burns is about to retire, and luckily for him, it's a kid's show. There are some nods to TFP's ending here too, at least in the capacity of Heatwave being unable to contact Optimus. Either he's still in the realm of the Primes and was hard to contact until a while later or somehow TFP's plot takes over the course of 4 years (which it doesn't). It doesn't really sync up, actually. Why would he be that easy to contact when it was a struggle for him to contact Bee at the beginning of RID? Unless somehow rebuilding Cybertron to the point where it was easily repopulated only took that long.

I dunno. I want to see more RID's backstory as it connects to Prime. I have a feeling most Cybertronians that survived the war fled, similar to how the Alchemor probably just missed the planet going to pot. I'd really like to hear those stories when the second half of the episodes premiere in the fall.