The not really Cave of the Great Bell

superboober

Reaction score
Anyone here ever wonder what the cavern Gobo found actually was used for if not as the resting place for the Great Bell? Given that someone bothered to put a handle on the door, there had to be some use in the distant past (as in three days ago); storage perhaps for emergency food rations?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Who really knows. Some things in the show were never fully explained & this was one of 'em.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, in my Dinosaurs fanfic, I say that it's because it wasn't a bell as we know it but one of those "singing bowls" and it was buried in a cave-in.

The door may be a piece from the Bell.

Gobo didn't look around very much. It's possible that the whole cave is shaped like a bell. Didn't his map say as much?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think there actually was a bell, but sometime long ago, some magical spell (ether by the gorgs or Sir Hubris, most likely Sir Hubris) overpowered the weeba beast and stole the bell, and was used it to make the gorg crown...
But the 'soul' of the bells magic still lives in the cave and keeps things from freezing when it hears other bells :smile:.
As long as we're sharing our ideas :smile:.
"And sometimes, late at night on this day you can hear the weeba beast weebaing sadly, searching for its lost bell.."

Redsonga

Reaction score
The poor weeba beast.
I know, I figure the poor beasties life was protecting the bell, and the weeba dance every year is meant to clam its sprit, even though no one remembers and thinks it is just a play they put on every year:sympathy:...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know, I figure the poor beasties life was protecting the bell, and the weeba dance every year is meant to clam its sprit,
For all we know, you could be right. After all, Mokey was Bloondig in another life and Gobo and Red probably thought that their friends were off their nut when Mokey, Wembley, and Boober told them about their adventure.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well..it's just what I came up with, after all, no fraggle still living is as old as the bell legend...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well..it's just what I came up with, after all, no fraggle still living is as old as the bell legend...
Yeah. I bet even the World's Oldest Fraggle wasn't even born yet!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
It could be a bell used to be there centuries ago, and either disappeared because it was moved, or something mysteriously magical happened. Or it could've been a fancy storage closet XD Hey, you never know.