The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've come across a number of Let's Plays of CN games, though I don't recall seeing any of Samurai Jack.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I dunno, I just remember the controls being kind of frustrating.

Back on the subject of CN games at least.... I remember there were two Samurai Jack platform games I played quite often.... I'd be sad if there were no let's plays on YouTube.
I'm going to guess it was these two...?

I remember it took me a long time to get past the last stage in Cavern Raid, which thankfully the game had level passcodes to get back to. I never beat Rave Slaves unfortunately, but I liked the premise and the graphics.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The first one was one of them, yes! I actually forgot about the second one until I found it on YouTube. Definitely frustrating, but oh so satisfying when you beat it.

The first one had some pretty clucky controls as well... But it felt nice finally beating it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ooh, that Rave Slave game is based on my favorite Samurai Jack episode! I remember when I was one of my middle school's disc jockeys in Grade 8, I took my radio name after the evil disc jockey from that episode: DJ Salvatore. After a while, I couldn't walk the hallways without hearing people throw out, "HEY, SALVATORE!" at me! :stick_out_tongue:

But hey, as anyone noticed that CN had a tendancy to base some of their games off of specific episodes of their shows? Like I remember they had a Courage game based on that volcano god episode . . . dang was that game difficult to beat!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean hey. There are movie based games and tv episode based games, sooo....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've discussed the retail games in this thread before, haven't we? I'm too lazy to flip through previous pages and look.

I have some GBA games, like Cartoon Network Speedway, and the first two EEE games. As far Speedway goes, that was actually pretty fun - I eventually figured out, given that each character racer had strengths and weaknesses, that Red Guy was the best one to race as, because he had the best speed to control ratio; Courage was also a good choice to race as; Johnny Bravo was perhaps the worst, because he had the most weight, so when he caught speed, he was difficult to control.

For the two EEE games, the first one (Jawbreakers!) was incredibly difficult, and honestly, took me months to finish. The second one (Mis Ed-ventures) had much better game play, but the game was also very much easier than Jawbreakers!, so you could probably beat the whole game in a matter of hours.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of the reason I prefer Mis Ed-ventures to Jawbreakers! is that in Mis Ed-ventures, when you play as one Ed, the other two follow, which makes switching back and forth between them a lot easier; in Jawbreakers!, when you play as one Ed, the other two remain stationary and idle, so when you make through quite a way into the current level and switch to another Ed left behind, you have to catch up to the previous Ed. That's one of the reasons why Jawbreakers! feels long and slow.