The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
KND (and Billy and Mandy) was essentially like a "transitional" show.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly,

Meeting JG Quintel and smoking weed with him is on my bucket list.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, and speaking of Danny, apparently this is the pitch pilot for a new series he's working on:

Right away, you recognize Patric Caird's jazzy music scoring from EEE; the character designs are what you would expect from Danny, albeit without the squigglevision effect (this Buster kid looks like he could be Jonny's little brother); the voices sound a little familiar, I'm wondering if any of the EEE cast is in this . . . just about the only big difference I can see are the backgrounds and layouts look a little more . . . I'm not sure how to describe them, but they're certainly not EEE in flavor like everything else is.

And either this is hand-drawn animation, or some really, really impressive Flash animation.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Some of the little quirks like some motion tweening and framerate bumps here and there give away the fact that it is Flash, but Snotrocket's animation is really darn impressive, especially for a test pilot. The software can be a wonderful tool when it's used to free up the budget to animate more fluidly, rather than just use it as an excuse to cut corners like so many other creators do.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe Danny used Flash, but took a hand-drawn, frame-by-frame approach to animate it like Dilworth did with his GOOSE IN HIGH HEELS film that's apparently doing really well at festivals.