The Outlook of Muppets and Their Fans

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you. I've been noticing this outright....disgust of the muppets, ever since MWoO came out. I was nitpicking as well, but....I was smiling, and laughing. I squealed when I saw Scooter onscreen again, with more then just 3 seconds of time.

[Yes, I do know about IAVMMC, but it wasn't until really recent that I saw it, so I forget it, and Scooter just sounded like he had a cold or something the whole time.]

Again, as to above comment, I still nitpick. But for those who are traditionalists, you'll not get what you're wanting. I mean...You can't raise the dead, or convince those who have moved on, or retired. I've also figured out that most of the people who have replaced certain muppets, for the most part, they had some kind of training in it.

Even with Jim and Steve. I believe Jim knew he was going to die, he had handpicked Steve to take over for Kermit. For Richard, he definately knew he was going to eventually die, as is the cruel fact with AIDS, but it was probably hard to find a performer who could do well, voice and actions.

I'm turning this into another essay arn't I? Sorry about that. It just pains me too my heart when I see people shooting the current preformers down like it was nothing.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Hi,
I rarely post but often read, and I have to say I agree whole-heartedly with what you said! The new generation of puppeteers are fans, just like you and I. They've spent their whole lives, watching and admiring the wonder that is Jim Henson's Muppets.
Knowing some of them personally, I can say with assurance that they love these characters as if they were their own children. They try their bests, and they do look to us fans for our support. From conversations I've had, I know that they read these forums, and are hurt by the scathing remarks that are sometimes found here. So, it's so nice when people express their appreciation, and give them encouragement. Believe me when I say that what is written here often rings in their heads when they're on the set, raise their arms, and give their all, with the sole intent of making "millions of people happy".:smile:
-Artie

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
You know them personally? Wow.

Yes, I can tell they are trying their hardest. And they are doing wonderful for it. I too believe in the dream of making millions of people happy. It's a good dream, and we should support it.

And for those who you might see, tell 'em I believe in them. They'll probably love to hear that. But...then again, they probably know that, just when they see someone's eyes light up, when they are performing!

Marky

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I too believe in the dream of making millions of people happy. It's a good dream, and we should support it.
quote]

I too believe in their dreams of making millions of American dollars. They'll test-market and test-market,stall some more, than mabye test-market again too see just how vialbly their investment will pan out.

Who knows, in the end, if the Fraggles and Dark Crystal sequel do well enough, maybe Brian and Cheryl at JHC will be able to buy them back - again!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I agree some of the humor was unecessary, BUT the muppets have always been envolved in adult humor and the movie just shows that the muppets aren't just for children. But good opinion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think all the blame can be placed on The Muppets. As was already said, The Muppets have always tried to emulate the current popular culture, including adult humor. The real problem is pop culture took something of a nose dive sometime around the mid-'90s and never fully recovered (though that is just my opinion).

That said, it was a nice gesture to defend the current Muppet performers and their efforts. :smile:

georginamC

Reaction score
i completely agree!!!! it was nicely said:wink: although....fozzies voice did sound a little too much like piggy............ but i can accept and move on:embarrassed:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you all. :wink: I'm glad there are others who agree, at least halfway. I've lately thought that everyone was shooting down the muppets on that sole preformance.

Marky

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Thank you all. :wink: I'm glad there are others who agree, at least halfway. I've lately thought that everyone was shooting down the muppets on that sole preformance.
I don't think that one performance did it necessarily - it just kind of sums up the general lowering of quality standards which they've shown since, well, the abscence of Brian Henson IMO.

Not unlike Jar-Jar Binks. He's not the only thing people hate about the SW prequels, but man, oh man... is he an easy target or WHAT???!