The Penguin

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that that penguin muppet is slowly becoming a major character? Notice in "What's the Name of that Song", and "A Celebration of Me, Grover", he's up there with the main street characters.

F

furryredmonster

What penguin?? (I havent watched SS in awhile... its on way to early in my time zone lol)

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah I love that penguin. He is so cute. I loved it when the penguins were in Elmopalooza in Grover's taxi. I think that was the only time I have heard them talk though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He has a few lines in "A Celebration of Me, Grover"...

(1). When Big Bird announces that it's time to go, he shouts out "How tweet it is!".
(2). As Super Grover flies around, he makes a crash landing, but as he picks himself up, the penguin calls out "He's okay everybody!"

He's clearly played by Joey Mazzarion, however in the Big Bird can't think of an ending to his story episode, he was played by Kevin Clash. I guess we'll have to wait and see what else they have planned for him.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
He has a few lines in "A Celebration of Me, Grover"...

(1). When Big Bird announces that it's time to go, he shouts out "How tweet it is!".
(2). As Super Grover flies around, he makes a crash landing, but as he picks himself up, the penguin calls out "He's okay everybody!"

He's clearly played by Joey Mazzarion, however in the Big Bird can't think of an ending to his story episode, he was played by Kevin Clash. I guess we'll have to wait and see what else they have planned for him.

Yeah, in Elmopalooza it was David Rudman. You can tell because he sounded just like Baby Bear.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In "ACOMG", he sounds like the new Papa Bear voice.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
In "ACOMG", he sounds like the new Papa Bear voice.

Yeah, then that would probably be Joey Mazzarino. I find that sometimes David Rudman's characters and Joey Mazzarino's characters sound a lot alike. Rudman's Baby Bear and Humphrey sound really close but not exactly the same as Mazzarino's Stinky and Elephant.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
They sure do make a great team though!

I guess they do seem to be paired up a lot. I really miss when they used to do Joey and Davey Monkey. They were so cool! What ever happened to them. "Ba-nanas!"

Xerus

Reaction score
The Muppet Show seems to show a lot of penguins in almost every episode and in the movies. They even have penguins appearing in skits about Hawaii and the jungle where they were totally out of place.