The People Next Door

abiraniriba

Reaction score
A while ago I posted a thread about 2 TV shows. One was Scorch, and the other one I couldn't remember the name of. For some strange reason I just remembered the name this morning. It was "The People Next Door" and here is small article about it from Wikipedia

The People Next Door
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The People Next Door was a situation comedy which aired briefly on CBS as part of its Fall 1989 schedule.

The People Next Door starred Jeffrey Jones, previously regarded as a character actor, as cartoonist Walter Kellogg, a man whose imagination was so vivid that many of the things which he imagined materialized immediately. His wife Abigail was portrayed by Saturday Night Live alumna Mary Gross. They had two children, and Abigail's sister "Sissy", portrayed by Christina Pickles, was also a regular, as was a meddlesome mailman, Thurman Fippa (Leslie Jordan). The character Debbie was played by Jackie Swanson.

The People Next Door, which was obviously inspired by the success of The Far Side, was nevertheless a Nielsen ratings disaster and was cancelled after only four episodes had aired.