The Plasticy Smell...

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to in a way, get rid of the plasticy smell that comes from the action figures, Now that I have Series 6, Minis 3 and 4 and Swinetrek, my room just smells like plastic and I cant sleep at night as its making me feel sick. Is there a way to get rid of the smell, I have had the figures out of their packets for 2 weeks now, and they still smell just as bad. Please help!!

FozzieBear (Luke) :rolleyes:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Open a window. I guess. I love new toy smell though. :smile:

FozzieBear

Reaction score
The window has been open, but the smell still stays. I dont mind the new plastic smell, but its REALLY strong and making me feel sick.

anathema

Reaction score
FozzieBear said:
The window has been open, but the smell still stays. I dont mind the new plastic smell, but its REALLY strong and making me feel sick.
It will wear off in time :smile: It's just the PVC outgassing as it sets. All you can do for now is leave the window open for a while longer. Can you put the figures in another room until they smell less?

FozzieBear

Reaction score
I might sit them outside for a few days see if that helps, thanks for the tip and info Anathema :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Try putting a fan on to move the air around while the window is open. If you have one of those fans that you can put in the window and set on exhaust that should help too. They should have settled by now though.

Personally, I hate that new figure smell. When I got my first Animal playset Animal gave off some horrible plastic and paint smell. It's weird that not all the figures have that though. Series 5 didn't have an fumes that I can remember.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Aerosmith said:
I love new toy smell though. :smile:
Me too! :big_grin: Whenever I open up a new Muppet or Lord of the Rings figure and take a nice whiff of that new smell, everyone looks at me like I'm crazy :crazy: :stick_out_tongue:

BJC899

Reaction score
I know how the smell gets there. It's from the paint room in the factory.

I don't know how to get it away.

:frown: