The Power of the Crystal [new thread]

Reaction score
new dark crystal movie!!!

I just wish it was possible to have the original one playing in the theaters 6 months before the new one came out, that way peolpe could familiarizethe younger generations with the storyline. I can't wait to see what new charecters will be added, i just hope most of the old ones stay like augra, fizzgig,jen,maybe bring back the skeksis. that would be awsome!!
ps: does anyone have a difinitive date, or an about date. for the release.
pss: also can't wait for fraggle movie either.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Yeah, all the origonal characters are in it. I wish I knew the release date. I'm extremely excited as well!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Pretty dark images but cool anyway!

JMPrater

Reaction score
when will Genndy's PR team open up an official site for TPOTDC????

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Well, the earlyest(spelling?) they usually show a trailer is a year before the movie comes out. Any chances they're still going for a Fall 2007 release?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Any chances they're still going for a Fall 2007 release?
Genndy Tartakovsky (director) reveiled in an October 2006 interview that the pre-production work is done and they should be start filming "very soon". Tartakovsky hoped to have all filming and post-production done by the end 2007.
Lisa Henson (producer) says that they are currently planning to debut the film at the Cannes Film Festival, which would put the release sometime around May 2008. However most of the publicity material cite the release simply as "spring 2008". Basically it'll be about 15-20 months until the film is release.

beaker

Reaction score
So anyone have an idea when this begins principle photography?

It sucks to think the Fraggle Rock movie wouldnt be out til 2009.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Genndy Tartakovsky (director) reveiled in an October 2006 interview that the pre-production work is done and they should be start filming "very soon". Tartakovsky hoped to have all filming and post-production done by the end 2007.
Lisa Henson (producer) says that they are currently planning to debut the film at the Cannes Film Festival, which would put the release sometime around May 2008. However most of the publicity material cite the release simply as "spring 2008". Basically it'll be about 15-20 months until the film is release.
(sigh):sympathy:Oh well. Thanks helping me with that GelflingWaldo. Do you have any idea when the trailer might come?