The Problems with Modern Sesame Street

Worst problem with Sesame in the past 20 years?

• Total voters

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Okay, this thread is not "argue-mania", it's to state the problems about modern-day Sesame Street.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Most of the people I've known with kids over the past 20 years or so, don't even call it sesame Street and either do their kids. They simply call it "Elmo"
They only call it that because they love him. They adore him.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
People just seem to forget (sometimes even purposely) that this is a show literally aimed for preschoolers…. And Elmo is the one most kids are immediately attached to.

Again, I can agree I do think his character has been a bit overexposed as the years have gone by, but that’s just the honest truth. The main target audience (preschool-aged children) love his character. 🤷‍♂️
And, I really don't know if Sesame Street would have survived past the '90s without Elmo. He was their cash cow and kept the show alive as other kid show competitors started popping up.

AllenKitto7

Reaction score
A problem I have with modern day Sesame Street was when they moved it to HBO, which didn't broadcast much kids shows through their years of operation. Another problem I have is when they moved to Max, kids and their families would either have to buy a subscription to Max or wait nine months to see it on PBS. Personally, I would rather watch it on PBS and not anywhere else.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And, I really don't know if Sesame Street would have survived past the '90s without Elmo. He was their cash cow and kept the show alive as other kid show competitors started popping up.
I mean realistically Sesame Street knows how to keep up with the times so…. Even without Elmo, I’m sure it would have still gone strong.

I mean you could have easily just turned Big Bird into a more dumbed-down version of Barney and I’m sure it would catch a child’s eye.

AllenKitto7

Reaction score
I mean realistically Sesame Street knows how to keep up with the times so…. Even without Elmo, I’m sure it would have still gone strong.

I mean you could have easily just turned Big Bird into a more dumbed-down version of Barney and I’m sure it would catch a child’s eye.
If Elmo had never been introduced to the world and became famous, I would think that Sesame Street would have had a possible chance to get canceled. Elmo really changed Sesame Street.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
There were several factors which led to the break-up of the Beatles. Yoko was not one of them.
I'm sure she was one of them...
Sorry to anyone I offended about the beatles. BUT YOU. You can't be calling me disrespectful for not liking the beatles but calling an 90 year old lady a "long haired creature" " hideous voice". That's insanely racist and sexist.
I just hate her because she broke up the Beatles.