The Puzzle Place

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Because of old tv shows season sets of DVD's are coming out I think they should release The Puzzle Place on DVD. Cuz this was a Great show anyone could watch it and still like it it has no age limitations.
I would also like to see Dudley the Dragon on DVD which was also a goood tv show but not as GREAT as the Puzzle Place.

cjl1217

Reaction score
I've asked KCET, one of the producers of The Puzzle Place via email, if they're going to have plans for a DVD release and this is what they said:

"There are no plans -- to my knowledge -- to make "The Puzzle Place" available on DVD. Sony Wonder had the home video rights and I believe they only came out with VHS cassettes. Unfortunately, to put the series out on DVD would mean renewing the rights to those episodes and making upfront payments to all of the directors, writers, puppeteers, singers and songwriters associated with the series. That ends up being a tremendous amount of money to come up with with no guarantee that the producers would sell enough DVDs to at least break even. A home video distributor would need to come forth with an offer to distribute the series with a minimum guarantee so that the producer isn't losing all this money."

Seems like alot to go through to make DVDs. I would love it to come out as a season set because other episodes besides the ones in the VHS Home Videos are impossible to find. It's other producer Lancit Media has been out of production since 2001, so its contacts are no where to be found either. Well some of the former oc producers are on Facebook but they haven't answered my messages though.