The quiet 20th Fraggle Anniversary

beaker

Reaction score
A fan would hardly know it was the 20th year Annv of Fraggle Rock or even Dark Crystal. Even a year ago I would have thought JHC would commenorate *somehow* this. Hmmm....

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Your a year early - LOL !

No really, It was made Twenty Years ago this year, But It was aired most places Twenty Years ago next year.

So next year will be the year that stuff happens, Trust me...

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>So next year will be the year that stuff happens, Trust me...<<<

Aw, I assumed 1982 was the year...but 1983? Hmmmm
Perhaps there is hope afterall!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yep, 2003 would be the year to look forward to, Cory!

I can't wait! :big_grin:

- Billy :cool:

Thog

Reaction score
I feel so old now. I remember watching it the day it started on HBO.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
I feel so old now. I remember watching it the day it started on HBO.
Ditto, I started feeling old when they started talking about FR's 25th in 2005. I remember the anticipation before the show aired.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This year is apparently considered the actual 20th Anniversary of the show - the Fraggle production team had a reunion here in Toronto (where the show was produced) earlier in the year to celebrate.

I'm not so sure their will be a big "Anniversary" push this year or next with Fraggle Rock because it just isn't as widely known as the Muppets. The characters aren't nearly as widely seen. We have to remember that the Muppet Show Anniversary was as much about licensing as it was celebrating the Muppets. While Fraggle Rock was a solid hit, the Muppet Show was a phenomenon so unfortunately I don't think we'll see the ruckus there has been over the Muppets Show anniversary.

Don't get me wrong, I love Fraggle Rock and I hope they do something special in 2003 for it. Maybe a special event at Muppetfest (Fraggle Rock live?) or at least some special Fraggle Rock DVDs could come out (finally). A figure line would be great too, especially in light of the success of the Muppets Series 1 line.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Don't get me wrong, I love Fraggle Rock and I hope they do something special in 2003 for it. Maybe a special event at Muppetfest (Fraggle Rock live?) or at least some special Fraggle Rock DVDs could come out (finally). A figure line would be great too, especially in light of the success of the Muppets Series 1 line<<<

All three would rock...specifically though, I heard Sprocket would be the likely candidate for any Fr representation at MF2003.
A figure line would be great, and for now we have the FR French dvds...no idea how the heck I order those. Then again finally for the first time ever TMS dvds are available for retail.

There really does need to be an ackowleged and marketed 20th FR annv. Such an amazing and brilliant show.
Current kid tv programmers could only wish and dream these days of having something remotely as good as FR.

Jackie

Reaction score
When Jerry Nelson wrote to me back in May or June he said he was going to Toronto for a Fraggle Rock 20th anniversary get together :smile: They already celebrated it :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>When Jerry Nelson wrote to me back in May or June he said he was going to Toronto for a Fraggle Rock 20th anniversary get together They already celebrated it<<<

whoah, Jerry Nelson wrote ya back personally this summer? Too cool! I had heard they had a small personal FR gathering, but I suspect next year shall be when it is fully celebrated.