The Rainbow Connection: Richard Hunt, Gay Muppeteer [Poughkeepsie, NY]

beaker

Reaction score
Hey Beaker! Yeah - Richard would actually be turning 59 this August! I see we have Keith Haring in common as well. I got to see his 20th Anniversary show at the Tony Shafrazi gallery the same night I went to see Stuffed and Unstrung. It was great to feed 2 of my passions in one night.

I believe the Jessica Stein movie is just a coincidence. Maybe that's why she likes to go by Max instead. I'll have to inquire.

It would be lovely to see other MC fans comment after if they go to the presentation but, I will be sure to try to give my view on it when all is said and done.
Oh wow, a 20th annv. Keith Haring retrospective? Very cool. I still to this day see his prints in restaurants and all over. How was Stuffed and Unstrung? Ive seen the youtube live stuff they've put up.

Would it be fair to categorize Richard as one of the more elusive of the Muppeteers? To this day I have not really seen hardly any interviews shot with him. He has a cameo in "Fraggles Look for Jobs"...but whereas I've seen a abundance of Frank Oz, Jim Henson and even some Jerry Nelson interviews...I sadly just have not seen much of Richard himself.

Rusty

Reaction score
Richard was an artist. No doubt. But I have to wonder... if he would like being refired to as "the Gay Muppeteer" he was just a Muppeteer who happened to be gay... just like some are red, yellow, black or white.

His life being cut so short is tragic. I had friends that where taken away from this world early because of AIDS.